Finance Systems Analyst
Job Number: 16319
Finance Systems Analyst
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries company, is looking for a Finance Systems Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for leading the systems business analysis, application development and support services within the Finance Function, focused primarily around the Oracle eBusiness Suite. Duties include strategic functional alignment, business and technical analysis, problem solving, application support, project justification, and project scoping activities. This position will require direct interaction with end-users, business leaders and vendors. This position will also support, maintain and administer policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company's critical business applications.
Note: This will be a work-from-home position for candidates non-local to the Beloit area.
Responsibilities of the Finance Systems Analyst:
- Interacts regularly and directly with the Finance function and has close user working relationship to ensure industry and best practices are employed
- Develops intimate knowledge of business strategy, business model, and processes in order to identify improvement opportunities and value added capabilities
- Identifies and leads functional and business process improvements to support future growth
- Assists with the support and enhancement of Oracle's eBusiness Suite primary modules: Receivables, Payables, General Ledger, Cash Management, Project Manufacturing & secondary Modules: Asset Management
- Provides end-user support to a diverse, non IT-technical user base
- Liaises with various business groups and users to understand and analyze business problems in an effort to lead toward viable solutions
- Lead in gathering detailed customer requirements
- Documents functional and technical specifications for application configuration
- Provides research, analysis and problem resolution including creating and monitoring of service requests with Oracle support and Corporate IT Shared Services
- Configures applications and interprets functionality for business users
- Works closely with technical developers as needed
- Assist with testing and implementation of interfaces and/or additional Oracle modules
- Regression tests functionality after the application of patches, critical performance updates and upgrades
- Documents and communicates changes throughout the user organization, supporting change management and compliance
- Provides training for end-users as needed
Required Qualifications of the Finance Systems Analyst:
- Bachelor's Degree in technology or Finance related field required; MBA preferred
- In-depth functional knowledge of and experience (5+ years) with ERP experience, preferably with Oracle's e-Business Suite applications focusing on finance modules from a functional and technical perspective
- Strong Financial background
- Strong analytical approach to business process design, with emphasis on cross-functional inter-dependencies
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience as a member of a team performing an Oracle Implementation preferred
- Experience in a team environment serving an end user community
- Understanding of database concepts such as schemas, tables, and views
- Working knowledge of query tools (PL/SQL, Toad, SQL Plus).
- Ability to write simple to moderately complex SQL across related table architecture
- Working knowledge and experience with Oracle core tables and defined views
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle open interfaces and application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Understanding of descriptive and key flexfields, workflow, setup and profile options
- Understanding of multi-organization and multi-currency functionality.
- Proven track record to operate independently while staying aligned with IT leadership
- Strong learning agility and comfort with high degree of ambiguity
- US citizenship required
Fairbanks Morse Engine offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, full tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
About Fairbanks Morse Engine
Fairbanks Morse Engine is the critical power solutions expert - a strategic partner and a trusted source for application-specific, fuel- flexible power systems that deliver optimal performance in mission critical applications. These applications include base load and standby power generation and emergency back-up power for nuclear plants; ship propulsion and shipboard power for the United States Navy and Coast Guard and commercial vessels, and mechanical drive applications such as crude oil and water pumping.
An EnPro Industries company, Fairbanks Morse Engine, can be found powering the world forward in a wide range of municipal, institutional and industrial applications. EnPro Industries is a diversified manufacturer of proprietary engineered products used in critical applications with more than 5000 people worldwide with products sold in over 100 countries across the globe.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Fairbanks Morse Engine Careers
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Systems Analyst
Requisition Number: 2015161
EEO Employer Verbiage: