Job Number: 16443
Electrical/Electronics Engineer - SMART Products
There is an evolution of SMART-connected products and systems that is being driven by customers wanting to optimize their assets through increasing performance, efficiency, and reduction in costs. Data, information, and knowledge is the key to drive this improvement.
In effort to achieve this vision for all customers across EnPro's Family of Companies, we are seeking a seasoned Electrical/Electronics Engineer to join our brand-new SMART Products Engineering Team in Houston, TX. As Electrical Engineer for our newest and most innovative business unit, you will be responsible for collaborating with Engineering teams from STEMCO, Compressor Products International (CPI), EnPro, and Technetics Group to develop new and current products. The success of the chosen candidate will depend on his or her ability to adapt well to fast-changing working environment. In addition, you will also be given insight into the application & performance of EnPro's existing core product portfolio.
Vision for the SMART Products Engineering Team:
- Apply digital and embedded technology to measure key performance attributes of products
- Use data to understand how the application affects the performance
- Develop algorithms and business logic to identify & predict common failure modes
- Research & select appropriate technology vendors in the areas of sensors, system interface and communication
- Integrate technology as part of a data acquisition and visualization system
- Understand application & performance of EnPro's existing core product portfolio
- Commercialization of new technology
Note: Minimal travel to four main facilities (STEMCO, CPI, Technetics, EnPro) is required.
Required Qualifications and Education of the Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- 5+ years of experience with developing embedded products
- Prior experience with design, development, and testing of Digital and Analog Circuits including circuit analysis
- Familiarity with PCB design software including schematic capture and PCB layouts
- Embedded programming including C, C++, and assembly language
- Experience with developing and implementing test systems with LabView and scripting
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
- Successful track record of challenging engineering projects
- Strong technical knowledge, mathematics skills, and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-directed and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical, organization and communication skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Electrical Engineer:
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- Knowledge of standard protocols like CAN-BUS and low power PCB design for battery powered applications
- Experience with developing IoT applications or wireless standards like 802.15.4
- Signal processing, algorithm development, GUI development
- Industrial experience
EnPro at a Glance:
- Name an industry - chances are you'll find our products and solutions at work
- Six primary businesses operating in North America, South America, Europe and Asia - build a career that touches the world
- We engineer critical industrial products that are sold to more than 50,000 customers in over 100 countries globally
- Employs over 6,000 employees
- Pubically traded, international manufacturing company that focuses on safety, excellence and respect
- Serves industries such as: aerospace, power generation, heavy-duty trucking, mining, oil & gas, chemical processing, pulp & paper, and pharmaceutical
EnPro Industries offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, 100 % tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
Safety. Excellence. Respect
Those three values form the core of the EnPro Industries culture. We're a global company with a global workforce, and diversity in people and ideas is a way of life. Fresh ideas can come from anyone regardless of background or level of experience. So we've created and nurtured a culture that embraces fresh perspectives and rewards success for the team and the individual. When you make an impact at EnPro Industries we make sure it's recognized.
Our products are sold around the world, with nearly half of our sales generated outside the United States. Our products enjoy strong market positions in the U.S., Canada, Asia Pacific, and Central and South America and are purchased every year by customers in more than 100 countries.
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this job.
Stafford, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stafford, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015164
EEO Employer Verbiage: