Location: Rome, Georgia US
Job Number: 16480
The Engineering Manager is responsible for STEMCO's design, development, validation, release and launch of new products , as well as leading the engineering team to provide technical expertise, liaison and support to operations to assure that existing product requirements can be met at optimum quality and cost levels in a safe manner. The Engineering Manager utilizes data to drive improvements to current processes and tools as well as guiding the engineering team to assist operations in meeting customer demand and price targets while maintaining the roles and responsibilities listed below within STEMCO's culture. They are personally committed to actively improve personal performance and process/product knowledge. This position is located in Rome, Georgia.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Manage multiple projects centered on processes and tooling performance maintenance and improvements. Using data, resolve difficult problems and improve upon process characteristics with respect to print and capability requirements.
- Execute plans that increase customer value by reducing cost and waste.
- Ensure operations' processes and systems that continue to comply with recognized quality management system requirements.
- Lead and actively participate in cross functional teams to implement solutions and continuously improve processes. Provide leadership to tooling/process problem resolution within operations and the die shop.
- Inspires the Engineering team to surpass continuously escalating results through:
- setting and communicating the highest levels of expectations for all performance
- creating a climate of accountability at all levels
- developing a team approach to maximize service to internal and external customers
- involving colleagues in any and all decisions that affects them recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments.
- inspires team to continuously drive for process improvements projects to reduce costs and increase the quality and safety of Operations while providing excellent project management skills and leadership for internal, as well as external projects.
- Establishes and develops a team that is technically excellent in problem prevention, quality assurance and creative problem solving through training, cross-training/job rotation and mentoring.
- Promotes safe practices in all activities. Identifies and assists in the reduction of ergonomic strains/concerns within manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical,& Automation Technology , Industrial Engineering, Product Engineering, or equivalent required.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing Technology, Problem Solving Skills, and ISO 90001 preferred. Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Solidworks and/or auto cad experience required - ability to produce drawing via computer aided design. The manager will be expected to develop drawings as needed.
- Basic working knowledge of Word Processing and Spreadsheets required. Experience manufacturing equipment, tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures in a production environment required.
- Must be computer literate in Windows applications, minimum word processing and spreadsheets.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal) to interface with all levels both internally and externally.
- Must possess experience in design and application of mechanical products and systems or products requiring similar skills and experience.
- Familiarity with CNC,machining robot controls and programs, a plus.
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred.
Over five years technical experience in design engineering work, experience in technical supervisory role.
Over five years of experience in manufacturing industry (transportation a plus) leading and directing cross-functional teams
Rome, Georgia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rome, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Requisition Number: 2015167
EEO Employer Verbiage: