Production Planning Supervisor - Harwood Heights
Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 16529
Technetics Group Chicago (dba Qualiseal Technology) designs and manufactures mechanical seals for critical applications in the global aerospace and high performance industrial markets.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development. while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We are looking for a motivated and proactive Operations person to join our Harwood Heights team in the role of Production Planning Supervisor . In this position, you'll be responsible for developing, reviewing, and maintaining the master production schedule to smooth customer demand to level load production, with oversight of a Buyer for timely supply of purchased materials to ensure on-time delivery and quality. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career within Supply Chain/Operations while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organisation.
What will you be doing in as a Production Planning Supervisor
- Develops, publishes, and maintains the Master Production Schedule, balancing inventory, resources, and capacity. Negotiates corrective actions to product schedules when dictated by changes in business.
- Works with Customer Service to ensure accuracy of orders entered and to accommodate schedule change requests.
- Participates in production teams, representing scheduling concerns.
- Review sales forecast and shipment history to develop a build plan per product that meets revenue needs and limits inventory risks
- Works closely with Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing and Customer Service to execute the operating plan.
- Coordinates the generation of master schedules through ERP to maximize on-time delivery and operating income.
- Effectively smooth customer demand to level load production work centers.
- Responsible for machine level scheduling at key work centers and the clear communication of master and machine level schedules to the production work centers.
- Creates new scheduling work procedures as needed and reviews/updates existing work procedures on an on-going basis
- Executes scheduling and releases activities to lot sizing, WIP control, Kanban and finished goods to established policies.
- Provides production analysis to management as requested.
- Directly supervises and develops Purchasing buyer(s). Provide support to ensure released jobs are moving according to schedule to meet on time delivery.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of direct scheduling experience with and without MRP systems
- Made2Manage ERP System or like experience preferred
- APICS certification preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate and interface well with others.
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Committed, dedicated and self-motivated working ethics, with full ownership of projects or assigned tasks.
- The desire to strive for continuous improvement and excellence within a fast paced growth environment.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical requirements section describes the physical demands and environment of the job and lists the basic physical conditions needed to perform the job. This section should also list specific physical requirements such as lifting heavy objects and standing for long periods of time.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Planning Supervisor - Harwood Heights
Requisition Number: 2015170
EEO Employer Verbiage: