Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 16530
EnPro Industries is currently seeking a Safety Engineer to join our Manufacturing and Operations team in Charlotte, NC. The Safety Engineer will mainly be responsible for supporting the EnPro Learning System business with training and consulting services, as well as refining current and new product content. Additionally, the Safety Engineer will use their understanding of safety standards to drive innovation and provide greater service.
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for someone looking to positively impact both internal and external customers and engage proactively with us in our commitment to safety.
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Charlotte, NC area for this position. Up to 50% travel to internal and external customers is required.
Responsibilities of the Safety Engineer:
- Understand safety compliance and safety systems
- Understand organizational change, methods, and approaches and support business needs for consulting, training, and business development
- Build rapport with customers and establish credibility
- Support development of current and new safety training product content for commercialization (e.g., SafetyFirst)
- Effectively direct the activities of others including establishing expectations, removing barriers, and managing performance
- Manage peer relationships, work collaboratively, and accomplish objectives
- Work effectively through and positively influence others where there is no reporting relationship
- Think through complex issues and develop solutions that deliver integrated and long-lasting results
- Be action oriented and help others see the goals for safety, health, and environment, and produce results throughout the organization
Required Qualifications of the Safety Engineer:
- Familiarity and ability to reinterpret standards and regulations
- Technical competence in environmental compliance
Preferred Qualifications of the Safety Engineer:
- Experience leading EHS initiatives through internships, co-ops or other employment
- Experience as a recognized safety advocate with influence in the organization
- Safety Certifications (ASP, CSP, CIH, or equivalent)
Education of the Safety Engineer:
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Environmental, and Safety, preferred
- Master degree in safety preferred
EnPro Industries offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and 13 paid holidays including a Christmas holiday shutdown. Generous relocation benefits are available if relocation is required.
Safety. Excellence. Respect.
Those three values form the core of the EnPro Industries culture. We're a global company with a global workforce, and diversity in people and ideas is a way of life. Fresh ideas can come from anyone regardless of background or level of experience. So we've created and nurtured a culture that embraces fresh perspectives and rewards success for the team and the individual. When you make an impact at EnPro Industries we make sure it's recognized.
Our products are sold around the world, with nearly half of our sales generated outside the United States. Our products enjoy strong market positions in the U.S., Canada, Asia Pacific, and Central and South America and are purchased every year by customers in more than 100 countries.
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Safety Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015168
EEO Employer Verbiage: