Director of Information Technology
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 17225
Garlock (an EnPro company) is currently seeking an IT Director to lead our Information Technology Division at our headquarters in Palmyra, NY. The IT Director be the primary point of accountability for the effectiveness and efficiency of all division specific business applications, to include ERP systems, customer relationship management systems (CRM), local financial systems, and other applications required to effectively deliver on world class operational performance, customer satisfaction and profitable growth.
The IT Director will also be responsible for leading Garlock's path forward in digital transformation initiatives. In addition to business unit responsibilities, the IT Director will be a key member of the EnPro IT Leadership team. This includes seamless interaction with the Director of Infrastructure Operations for North America and Europe/Asia, and the Director of Enterprise Applications to ensure the division is supported and operationally efficient.
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Palmyra, NY area for this position.
Responsibilities of the IT Director:
- Create an integrated technology strategy and architecture for the division
- Manage all division application staff required to support and implementation strategy
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the application development team and IT staff
- Champion involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions
- Provide direction & oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of IT systems
- Enable strategic, operational, and commercial excellence through key supporting technologies
- Direct the development application sourcing strategy and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps and application architecture diagrams
- Own IT budget which includes personnel, ongoing operational costs, capital expenditure, and shared service enterprise technology costs
- Collaborate with key business process owners to drive business process efficiency, continuous improvement, and cost efficiencies
- Forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills, and competencies
- Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the application suite
- Define business-specific requirements, provide technological input, and act as business partner to determine optimal technology choices for enterprise applications
Required Qualifications and Education of the IT Director:
- 10+ years of IT experience and 5+ years of IT leadership experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related
- Strong ability to produce a digital strategy - IoT, robotics, machine learning, data analytics
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
- Previous experience with digital transformation and eCommerce initiatives
- Experience with providing direction and enabling support for a more strategically oriented customer experience based on today's digital technology
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Proven and effective history in the mapping of business needs to technology selection and implementation
- Demonstrated proven results in creating real enterprise value via technology usage
- Analytically and quantitatively astute; comfort with financial planning and business case evaluation
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them
Preferred Qualifications of the IT Director:
- MBA or other advanced technical degree
- Manufacturing or service industry experience
Garlock offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off. Generous relocation benefits are available if relocation is required.
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
In addition to designing and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions, we also offer a wide range of safety-oriented training for our customers. The EnPro Learning System offers consulting services, safety courses, and safety conferences throughout the year to help other companies and professionals implement safety excellence at their facilities.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Information Technology
Requisition Number: 2015203
EEO Employer Verbiage: