Research & Product Development Engineer
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Job Number: 17682
GPT (Garlock Pipeline Technologies), an EnPro Industries company, is seeking a blended R&D (Research & Development) and Product Development Engineer to join our SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) products engineering team in Wheat Ridge. The Research & Product Development Engineer will be heavily focused in electrical and electronic engineering, and will mainly be responsible for performing research, design, and development of hardware and software for GPT's SMART connected products. GPT's SMART products will provide our customers with data analytics and knowledge that will enable them to drive increasing performance and efficiency and provide a reduction in costs. The ideal candidate will encompass a passion for research and development as well as developing and commercializing new products.
Responsibilities of the Research & Product Development Engineer:
- Research, development, and commercialization of hardware and software in SMART products to provide customers with data analytics to increase performance, efficiency, and reduce costs
- Understand the applications and performance of GPT core products and apply digital and embedded technology to measure product performance attributes
- Perform research and select appropriate technology pertaining to sensors, system interface, and communication
- Integrate technology as part of a data acquisition and visualization system
- Develop algorithms and business logic to identify and predict common failure modes
- Support product planning and commercialization
- Utilize data to understand how applications affect performance
Required Qualifications of the Research & Product Development Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree, in Electronic / Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of hardware product development, embedded firmware and software development, and electrical and electronic engineering experience
- Ability to provide guidance on software systems and programming languages, such as C++, Python, or LabVIEW
- Experience with analog electronic design and digital electronic design
- Familiarity with low power design and signal processing
- Industrial experience, knowledge of PCB design and layout and embedded firmware development
- Hands-on algorithm development and familiarity with signal processing or sensor interface technology
Preferred Qualifications of the Research & Product Development Engineer:
- Previous experience with manufacturing oil and gas pipeline products and developing electronic values and meters, pumps, compressors with electrical interfaces
- Knowledge of asset and infrastructure integrity
- Designing, engineering, or commercializing SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) products
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering minor or background
Core Competencies of the Research & Product Development Engineer:
- Tech Savvy - anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Manages Complexity - making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Decision Quality - making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Cultivates Innovation - creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Action Oriented - taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Builds Networks - effectively building formal and informal relationships networks inside and outside the organization
- Communicates Effectively - developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Courage - stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Self-Development - actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Being Resilient - rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
GPT offers a dynamic working environment and exceptional advancement opportunities. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages, including: medical, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans and tuition reimbursement.
GPT, a member of the Garlock family (an EnPro Industries company), is the world's leading manufacturer of critical-service flange systems, spring-energized jacketed seals, and electrical flange isolation kits for the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and construction/infrastructure industries.
GPT is a company focused on helping customers solve their critical application need. Critical pipeline sealing, electrical isolation products and our expert technical support help your company increase efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve safety.
At GPT we believe in creating custom solutions for our customers. With global reach and some of the most technologically advanced equipment available, we can help solve the most pressing pipeline challenges.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
City: Wheat Ridge
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wheat Ridge, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Research & Product Development Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015237
EEO Employer Verbiage: