Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 18388
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct and supervise between 20-25 direct labor employees who manufacture engine components and engine skids.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees through adherence to safety policies, assessing and eliminating hazards, improving housekeeping standards, conducting incident investigations and implementing corrective action.
- Plan and execute production schedules to meet production requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate inventory control of all WIP and FGI product within the department and minimizing inventory held through efficient planning and achievement of lower lead times
- Develop and realize productivity improvements through lean initiatives, Standard Work Instructions, and process improvements.
- Motivate, monitor and counsel employees regarding work-related issues and performance. Gage workforce skills and initiate cross training programs as necessary.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience or a combination of education and work experience is required.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Word and Excel; experience with an ERP system is preferred. Oracle systems experience a plus.
- Very good understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of welding processes is a plus.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing required.
- Experience with large CNC machine equipment required.
- 5 years minimum experience and a proven track record in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Previous experience managing and supervising in a union-represented environment is helpful.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2015275
EEO Employer Verbiage: