Facility Manager - Berea, Ky
Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 18907
Responsible for site operations, management of safety, people, quality, delivery, and cost and resulting financial metrics/performance. Serve as a leader on the STEMCO Operations team to create and define the long term strategy for organizational global supply chain, quality, EHS, and manufacturing teams to provide Dual Bottom Line leadership for effective resource utilization while producing best-in-class quality products across our organization.
This position will also be responsible for the strategic planning, direction and leadership of all STEMCO logistics activities, ensuring cross-collaboration throughout STEMCO's distribution pipeline via best practices and council structures. This position will also be responsible for leading the implementation and maintenance of import/export management and compliance controls and continuous improvement within STEMCO logistics while effectively communicating and promoting STEMCO's continuous improvement culture and core values of Safety, Respect, and Excellence
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Lead the safety culture for the Berea manufacturing and the SDC site. Ensure all functional departments have clear safety metrics and are continuously following existing safety standards as well as driving improvements and developing an ever growing safety vision for all employees. Work with site leadership team to lead Safety committee meetings, EH&S events and audits, safety audits and stand-downs
- Drive continuous improvement across our manufacturing process through the effective use and implementation of LEAN principles, data management and the appropriate corrective actions in the day-to-day needs of process value streams.
- Conduct our business by adopting EnPro's five pillars of leadership and by following all STEMCO/EnPro existing policies. Build relationships with all colleagues and work cohesively with peers across STEMCO/EnPro.
- Hold formal communication meetings to ensure STEMCO-EnPro initiatives are clear and followed. Present business updates such as plant performance and gain-share results. Communicate up through formal and informal reports and updates of relevant items
- Develop a facility wide vision for employees continuous development, learning and teaching supported by measurable goals that will pave the way for individuals to pursue their professional aspirations. Ensure BOW and EMLS initiatives are supported. Develop, grow and maintain a positive culture and community by building strong one-on-one and team relationships with colleague at all levels.
- Understand and uphold a sound Quality system that will deliver products that meet and exceed our customer's expectations while ensuring all our required certifications are up to date and in good standing. Build and sustain effective customer supplier relationships. Participate in AQP meetings and QA audits (internal and external).
Ensure that all aspects of our material procurement, ordering system, customer support and logistics are in place to efficiently service our customers, employees and the overall business in a responsible and cost effective manner. Establish alignment with SDC and processes to ensure that a sound replenishment model is in place to support all customers.
- Ensure business health is evident through the continuous measurement of financial performance, realistic budget goals, appropriate use of resources (human and financial) and clear metrics in support of the value stream. Provide leadership on capital projects, CI projects, budgeted development, review of monthly and annual financial business performance, BPD, and EMLS scorecard. Ensure cost savings initiatives are active and routinely tracked.
- Verify and validate that our business practices are aligned and support our EH&S duties to our colleagues, customers and our community. Make sure that our existing policies are in full support of our environmental requirements and certifications. Support EnPro EH&S regional model.
- Establish a strategy that ensures perfect delivery of STEMCO products that meets global trade compliance and follows the company's distribution strategy while managing to established strategic budget requirements.
- Maintain and build close work relations with key internal stakeholders, including marketing, finance, supply chain, and manufacturing to ensure all requirements are met within appropriate time and cost frameworks.
- Facilitate the coordination of distribution center managers to stay abreast of global trends and changes. Must be a proven leader with demonstrated skills in the development of team building including the ability to establish clear goals, objectives and solutions for the team. This will require travel at approximately 25% of the time
- Develop measurements and metrics that allow for ongoing process evaluation and personal growth; driving continuous improvement while maintaining and establishing Best Practices and Standardization methods.
Create and facilitate a risk management and mitigation plan in order to minimize or eliminate potential threats to the fulfillment of customer orders.
- Adhere to Total Warehouse Optimization Methods—assist with warehouse layouts, product plotting and storage with the goal of optimizing traffic flow and space utilization.
- Utilize a "Dual-Bottom-Line" mindset with equal importance on employee development and bottom line improvement while assisting trade compliance personnel
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or other relevant field
- 10 years manufacturing operations management experience in a LEAN environment required
- LEAN certification preferred (Green Belt, Black Belt)
- A passion for employee development and improvement
- Excellent Team Building Skills for diverse groups
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate with those at all levels
- Strategic Planning experience preferred
- Experience managing and leading multiple product lines for a business operation.
- Lean and Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Distribution Centers
10 years manufacturing operations management experience in a LEAN environment
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Facility Manager - Berea, Ky
Requisition Number: 2015330
EEO Employer Verbiage: