Sr. Weld Engineer
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 19232
The Sr. Weld Engineer will develop, recommend and coordinate the implementation of a sound welding program through improved weld processes, techniques and safety procedures utilizing GMAW, GTAW, GMAW-P and FCAW welding processes and brazing procedures.
- Plans, organizes and directs the technical aspects of all types of welding processes and issues.
- Establishes and documents welding processes in accordance with national and military standards and specifications.
- Conducts welding and brazing testing and qualifies employees to specific procedures and processes in accordance with ASME, AWS and other related codes.
- Develops, recommends, and coordinates the implementation of improved/enhanced processes, techniques, and safety procedures for all welding performed within the company.
- Identifies problems with and identifies the resolution of welding processes, issues, and concerns.
- Performs root cause analysis with emphasis on eliminating problems through design analysis, ergonomic issues, and machine/welding/assembly process improvements including equipment/materials purchasing requirements.
- Keeps abreast of Best Practices and state-of-the-art welding technologies and safety procedures used throughout the industry.
- Serves as a key resource in the development of capacity planning, production control and troubleshooting of production welding processes.
- Must have "hands-on" welding experience.
- Must have experience in developing the welding procedure specifications and procedure qualification reports to the codes required.
- Must have experience in developing welding estimates for potential work.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are required: fabrication/welding, heat treat, and a variety of types of bar stock, plate, and metals.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Projects. Experience working with an ERP system such as Oracle is desired.
- A B.S. degree in weld engineering or equivalent experience with AWS, SCWI or CWI certification is strongly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience as a weld engineer, preferably in a manufacturing environment with military or nuclear specifications.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Weld Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015348
EEO Employer Verbiage: