Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 19854
- Sets up assigned press line for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Raises and lowers presses.
- Applies mold wash to cavities as per work instructions.
- Inserts blanks in mold cavities by hand.
- Inserts Mold in/out press
- Cures stock for prescribed length of time.
- Removes finished molded pieces from mold cavities, rough pick and deposits in provided containers as per work instruction.
4. Uses care in loading molds to insure that metal or rubber blanks are properly positioned. Quality inspection responsibilities will become paramount throughout molding cycle.
5.Determines and implements corrective actions when defects occur with product and notifies Supervision and/or Engineering when unable to correct defect.
6. Audits pre-molded blanks for defects and proper weights during initial start-up.
7. Informs Supervisor and/or Engineering of defective conditions concerning pre-molded blanks. Assists and suggests ways to correct defects.
8. Inspects finished molded pieces, this inspection will involve visual or the use of some form of gauge(s) as required.
9. Provides input and data as required for metrics.
10. Verifies mold wash correctness.
11. Verifies pressures, cure times and temperatures on product masters when presses are in operation. Employee will however, be alert to pressure changes, proper functioning of mechanical lubricating systems, temperature readings, bumps and pre-heat cycle so as to provide input and correct product masters if improprieties exist.
12. Works with Supervision and Tech Aides to assure product master correctness, including trial runs, data gathering and verbal communication as to progress status.
13. Performs various finishing operations (manual or machine) on molded rubber items and other miscellaneous items in order to prepare them for shipment.
14. Works closely with Engineering personnel in the development and establishment of standard operating data relative to new and/or experimental products.
15. Moves all finished work to proper center and records production and signs off each completed router step.
16. Maintains equipment, cleans and lubricates machines, empties dust collectors and refuse containers.
17. Miscellaneous functions such as rough picking and stacking of parts will be an essential duty of the operator. May assist in Finishing operation as directed.
18. Monitors pressure changes, vacuum changes, proper functioning of mechanical lubricating system, temperature readings, bumps, and pre-heat cycle so as to provide input and to help correct product masters if improprieties exist.
19. Sets up and operates extruders in the forming of milled rubber compounds into continuous tubular, flat, beveled, or various irregular shaped strips.
20. Works from prepared compounds and type used determines die, temperature, and feed adjustments. Compound use must be in accordance with first in first out inventory practices.
21. Selects orders to be run in accord with promise date or established priority.
22. Performs setups that involve the selection of proper dies, the assembly of multiple dies, and the dies to head.
23. Makes die adjustments to obtain desired size.
24. Regulates temperatures by adjusting control unit as per spec.
25. Feeds milled rubber and/or stripped material into hopper of machine and starts machine which forces rubber through die.
26. Checks and documents dimensions periodically throughout run.
27. Coils extruded stock in round pans or pads, or cuts to desired length and places on tables or trays.
28. Sets up an automatic cutter to cut extruded stock into short lengths.
29. Will slit compound as needed.
30. Performs such material handling as involves placing of extruded stock in racks, delivery of materials, obtaining compound for next order, etc.
31. Cleans and stores dies, and cleans cooling tanks. Performs TPM as required.
32. Operates lift truck
33.Maintains stock tote pans or containers in neat and orderly fashion.
34. Collects data and provides input to supervision and/or Engineering regarding proper data codes, durometer checks , stock availability and mold conditions
35.Trouble shoots process as corrective action when defects occur with product/ assists and suggests ways to correct defects.
palmyra, New York, United States
17.38 - 18.39 USD
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Press/Extruder Operator
Requisition Number: 2015418
EEO Employer Verbiage: