Product Manager- Tire and Aero
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 20079
STEMCO Job Description
Job Title: Product Manager
Reports To: Category Director
Job Function: Commercial
Brand/Product Affiliation(s): IoT Platforms with focus on Tire & Aero products
Revision Date: August 15, 2018
Location: Longview, TX
Direct Reports: Yes
As the Product Manager you are a central point within STEMCO for business critical information about Tire & Aero products, market, competitors, customers, and industry analysts. To succeed you need to continually gather and analyze data & business intelligence from all sources and use this data to communicate both internally and externally on our product evolution and roadmaps
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Tire & Aero product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, manufacturing & marketing to ensure revenue, margin and customer satisfaction goals are achieved. This position will be Longview, TX based.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / EnPro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Develop the long term strategy and vision for the Tire and Aero Product lines
- Communicate product road maps to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders
- Develop product requirements based upon VOC and understanding the competitive landscape.
- Prioritization of the portfolio of initiatives and project management of individual product initiatives
- Develop business cases to support new distinctive product developments & innovations
- Initiate incremental product enhancements to provide technically advanced products
- Management of product development through commercialization
- Management and coordination of product development beta trials
- Coordination and follow up within internal stakeholders ensuring success on large commercial opportunities
- Responsible for the margin performance of the product line. Work with Supply Chain to optimize cost and Category Director for pricing strategy
- Develop the Tire & Aero product brand. Assist in developing, communicating & training of the product value proposition.
- In conjunction with Marketing Communication develop product material including; advert, catalogs, brochures, videos, pictures and other material to support the sales team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Qualified individual will have a 4 year degree and more than 5 years experience however a MBA degree and additional experience is preferred.
- Excellent leader, should be able to grow into Category Director role (and beyond).
- Developer and coach of employees within the sphere of influence.
- Results driven using data and analytics to explain the why.
- Well organized, working with a high level of rigor and discipline.
- Project management experience is required.
- Basic understanding of income statement related matters such as direct material and labor costs and how these impact gross margin is required.
- Multi-site teamwork and cross functional collaboration experience required.
- Customer pricing waterfall and full pocket margin review required.
- Excellent Communicator, both verbal and written English required.
- Public speaking and customer presentation using tools such as PowerPoint are required.
- Customer channel management experience preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of software such as Google, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Travel frequency up to 25% per month.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager- Tire and Aero
Requisition Number: 2015449
EEO Employer Verbiage: