Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Job Number: 20482
The electrical engineer is responsible for providing support to the design, development, validation, release and launch of new products, support of the manufacturing floor and STEMCO Chattanooga facility overall. The electrical engineer is also responsible for continuous improvement of current production products and assistance with manufacturing process improvement. Customer support and implementation of STEMCO's products may also be required. Will be working in a cross functional team environment.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Establish and design electrical components to meet product requirements for performance, durability, communication protocols, display methods, human/product interface, and reliability together with any other customer wants and needs.
- Establish design goals to satisfy identified customer requirements while conforming to STEMCO standards ED-002 and SOP 40-09 (Advanced Product Quality Planning).
- Work with Engineering Services to prepare and maintain design documentation
- Perform appropriate and required design analysis to minimize test requirements and cycle time, while maintaining reasonable probability of performance goal achievement
- Establish program timing with team members to ensure adequate product testing and development and support of manufacturing engineering and supplier technical staff. Prepare Test and Prototype Requests, Test Reports, and Document Change Notices.
- Report progress to program goals on a regular, programmed basis to communicate risks opportunities and status of each new product program against established milestones .
- Work with manufacturing to resolve Requests for Deviations. Implement Cause and Corrective actions as required.
- BS degree in electrical engineering or related technical field required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Three plus years experience required in electrical component/system design, focused on designing or developing products requiring similar skills and experience for market.
- Experienced in electronic product design, component specification, Human Machine interfaces, testing methods for electronic products.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal) for interacting with customers and suppliers.
- Must be familiar with low-level assembly language coding and comfortable with schematic design and PCB layout. Working knowledge of radio frequency communications and designs preferred.
- Experience in hardware description language (i.e. vhdl, ahdl, verilog) preferred. Knowledge of high
- level programming languages (i.e. C++, Visual Basic, pascal) preferred.
- Self-driven and capable of electronic product and/or system design and development in a team environment without close supervision .
- Foundry experience is a plus
2 - 5 years Foundry a plus
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Community / Marketing Title: Electrical Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015500
EEO Employer Verbiage: