Sr. Analytical Engineer
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 20504
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries company, is looking for a Sr. Analytical Engineer to join our team. Responsible for providing analytical support to the FME product offerings including but not limited to manufacturing, production, quality, purchasing, sales and marketing. Responsible for the technical content of new product development/application projects from quotation through customer commissioning.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform static and dynamic analysis of engine components, genset support frames, auxiliary equipment etc. using FEA and hand calculations for new designs and for troubleshooting field problems.
- Seismic qualification of engine components, auxiliary equipment, and piping to meet the requirements of nuclear and commercial genset installations.
- Shock qualification of engine and auxiliary equipment to meet US Navy shock requirements, shock mount selection etc. Participate in shock and vibration testing by writing test procedures, witnessing tests, writing test reports etc.
- Pipe stress analysis of engine skid piping to meet the requirements of ASME III, ASME B31.3 etc.
- Torsional analysis of engine drive train to determine torsional critical speeds and perform forced response analysis to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct vibration analysis including vibration testing for troubleshooting engine vibration problems
- Responsible for customer submittals and deliverables (analytical reports, test procedures/reports, etc.).
- Assist Manufacturing with disposition of NCRs (Non Conformance Reports) , design changes , assembly issues, etc.
- Assist QA, Manufacturing, and Technical Support in determining root cause of problems and develop solutions. Conduct failure investigations and write reports
- Review and comment on proposals for new engine sales or upgrade kits.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- BSME, and MSME preferred, with minimum 8 years' experience with emphasis in dynamics, vibration and stress analysis.
- The successful candidate will have minimum 5 years' experience in an analytical capacity working in a manufacturing organization that produces highly engineered capital equipment in commercial power, marine and industrial applications. Engine experience preferred.
- Strong background in CAD/CAE using commercial packages like ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad, SolidWorks , etc.
- Experience in stress analysis using Finite Element Modeling and hand calculations.
- Experience in component stress analysis (including piping), support evaluation, and nozzle load calculation
- Knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) ASME Y-14.5
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable with materials, material specifications, properties and heat treatment, etc.
- Familiarity with ASME III, ASME VIII Div. 1, ASME B31.3, IEEE 344, MIL-S-901D, etc, desired.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project; experience with Oracle desired.
- Occasional travel is required.
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Fairbanks Morse.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Analytical Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015505
EEO Employer Verbiage: