Manager, Commercial Support
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 20646
Leads the internal Commercial Support Team in the development and execution of the team's business operating system. Develops a team and team norms accordingly, to perform consistently with key customer requirements. Collaborates within the Klozure Leadership Team on continued and new development of portfolio and business strategies. Aligns the Commercial Support Team around the execution of those outcomes and strategies. This includes participation in product life cycle management, improved profitability of existing products and developing new products in alignment with overall Klozure portfolio strategy.
- Assists with development of product & marketing plans for new products and new market opportunities. Leads team in successful execution of commercialization plans.
- Develops a process for Customer Support Team to liaison with Operations & Customer Service to achieve both customer needs, as well as improved processes and profitability.
- Remains knowledgeable of current and projected market conditions and customer needs, adjusting operating model to meet short- and long-term objectives to be achieved, including profit and volume for each product.
- Collaborates within Klozure Leadership Team on strategies and programs related to promotion, placement and pricing of Klozure products and the internal services required to maximize opportunities.
- Collaborates with Portfolio Leader on product life cycle for existing products in the portfolio and developing a strategy for new additions to the portfolio.
- Coaching and development of team in alignment with organizational objectives and expectations. Creating a team, focused on solving customer's issues through an efficient experience.
- Leads team in planning and conducting product and process training programs on an individual or group basis. This is to include self-study correspondence courses and formal training programs for new employees, customer satisfaction specialists and on site customer training.
- Analyzes and presents data for Leadership Team. Monitor sales and profit margin by style, customer type, and new products, etc. Views trends pertinent to the growth of the business.
- Provides assistance to internal and external customers with regard to product recommendations and technical data, based on information generated by Product Engineering.
- Provides coverage for team members, as necessary.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Travel is expected to be approximately 20-30%.
- BS degree in Marketing, Finance, or Engineering; MBA, beneficial
- 5 - 10 years business support experience
- Exceptional computer skills, ability to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of ways
- Highly organized
- Excellent customer & presentation Skills
- Excellent team development and execution
- Background in Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing is a plus.
- Ability to lead process improvement teams.
- Can do attitude; exemplified initiative and creative problem solving.
- Effective communication- develops and delivers multi-modal communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Collaborates- building partnership and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives in a timely manner to support the business
- Self-Awareness- uses a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Balances stakeholders- anticipates, balances, and meets the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Strategic mindset- seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into strategy and action steps
- Builds networks- builds strong formal and informal networks across a variety of functions and locations to exchange ideas, resources, and know how
- Builds effective teams- builds strong multi-functional teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives, fostering common objectives, belonging and morale, open dialogue, and collaboration
- Customer focus- take initiative to learn about internal and external customer needs, builds and delivers solutions that meet customer needs, maintains effective customer relations
- Decision Quality- makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Action Oriented- takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Planning and Alignment- plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Accountability- holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Managing Conflict- handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
- Interpersonal savviness- relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Resiliency- rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Nimble Learning- actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office and Manufacturing Floor Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Commercial Support
Requisition Number: 2015530
EEO Employer Verbiage: