Director, Strategy & Corporate Development
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 20649
EnPro Industries is currently seeking a Director, Strategy & Corporate Development to join our team in Charlotte. The Director, Strategy & Corporate Development will mainly be responsible for facilitating the company's internal and external growth initiatives by working closely with the division presidents, their staffs, and EnPro's senior management team. Additionally, the Director, Strategy & Corporate Development will develop and implement strategic plans and identify, develop and build each division's acquisition pipeline, which will include advisory assistance in the pursuit of specific acquisition opportunities.
The Director, Strategy & Corporate Development will also work with EnPro's senior management team on specific Investor Relations activities, including preparation of the earnings press release, earnings call script, and earnings call presentation. Investor Relations activities will represent 10-20% of the role.
Note : 20% of travel will be required for 10 week-long stretches at a time domestically and globally.
Responsibilities of the Director, Strategy & Corporate Development:
- Serve as a key supporting player in the overall strategy development and refinement process for the organization/divisions, which includes being a primary point of consolidation, process leadership and problem-solving facilitation for deep strategy development and ongoing refinement
- Partner with the key content holders and ultimate owners of the strategy, the division leadership, to support them in developing deep insights, high growth opportunities and compelling investment priorities
- Independently study market conditions, industry trends, leading and lagging indicators, competitive dynamics and disruptive forces that will point to opportunities for the divisions' strategy to evolve
- Work with division leadership to translate the overarching strategic direction into a mix of organic and inorganic sub-strategies, including those involving M&A, operational initiatives, commercial priorities and innovation requirements
- Proactively establish and maintain an active M&A pipeline, ensuring rigor of underlying investment cases and alignment with division strategies, creating and maintaining deep, trust-based relationships in the industry and personal connections with potential sellers
- Develop financial performance criteria and tracking methods for all supporting priorities underway, to include go/no-go criteria, resource requirements, investments and risk management approach
- Work with division leadership teams on due diligence process, integration planning and follow through, transaction mechanics and project management
- Prepare specific sections of the quarterly earnings press release, earnings call script, and earnings call presentation
Required Qualifications of the Director, Strategy & Corporate Development:
- Completed bachelor's degree with a business focus
- 10+ years of experience in strategic consulting and corporate strategy at the director-level
- 5+ years of mergers and acquisitions / M&A experience
- Previous experience at a private equity firm or in investment banking
- Proven ability to synthesize complex analytics into concise, easily-understood management implications and recommendations
- High level of comfort dealing with complex data sets, drawing insights from ambiguity and accessing data from a wide range of sources
- Significant financial analytical skills with the ability to understand interpret financial statements
- Prior success working with business owners and corporate executives, either directly or in an advisory capacity
- Demonstrated ability to manage across hierarchical and organizational boundaries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications of the Director, Strategy & Corporate Development:
- MBA, preferably from an Ivy League
- Current or past experience in global consulting
- Applicable industry experience, specifically manufacturing
- Operational background in leadership or management
- Familiarity with acquisition accounting issues and company valuation methodologies
EnPro Industries offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and 13 paid holidays including a Christmas holiday shutdown. Generous relocation benefits are available if relocation is required.
Safety. Excellence. Respect. Those three values form the core of the EnPro Industries culture. We're a global company with a global workforce, and diversity in people and ideas is a way of life. Fresh ideas can come from anyone regardless of background or level of experience. So, we've created and nurtured a culture that embraces fresh perspectives and rewards success for the team and the individual. When you make an impact at EnPro Industries we make sure it's recognized. Our products are sold around the world, with nearly half of our sales generated outside the United States. Our products enjoy strong market positions in the U.S., Canada, Asia Pacific, and Central and South America and are purchased every year by customers in more than 100 countries.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Strategy & Corporate Development
Requisition Number: 2015527
EEO Employer Verbiage: