Director, Strategy, Corporate Development & Investor Relations
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 20649
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Strategy, Corporate Development & Investor Relations, the Director, Strategy, Corporate Development & Investor Relations will work closely with the division presidents, their staffs, and EnPro's senior management team to facilitate the company's internal and external growth initiatives. This will include the development and implementation of strategic plans and the identification, development and building of each division's acquisition pipeline, which will include advisory assistance in the pursuit of specific acquisition opportunities. The candidate will also work with EnPro's senior management team on specific Investor Relations activities, including preparation of the earnings press release, earnings call script, and earnings call presentation. Investor Relations activities will represent 10-20% of the role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serving as a key supporting player in the overall strategy development and refinement process for the organization/divisions. Support includes being a primary point of consolidation, process leadership and problem solving facilitation for deep strategy development and ongoing refinement. It also requires side-by-side partnership with the key content holders and ultimate owners of the strategy - the division leadership - to support them in developing deep insights, high growth opportunities and compelling investment priorities.
- Independently studying market conditions, industry trends, leading and lagging indicators, competitive dynamics and disruptive forces that will point to opportunities for the divisions' strategy to evolve. Proactively surfacing these opportunities and contributing this knowledge to overall division strategy.
- Working with division leadership to translate the overarching strategic direction into a mix of organic and inorganic sub-strategies, including those involving M&A, operational initiatives, commercial priorities and innovation requirements.
- Proactively establishing and maintaining an active M&A pipeline; ensuring rigor of underlying investment cases and alignment with division strategies; creating and maintaining deep, trust-based relationships in the industry and personal connections with potential sellers, and proactively networking.
- Developing financial performance criteria and tracking methods for all supporting priorities underway, to include go/no-go criteria, resource requirements, investments and risk management approach. Actively establish and track performance expectations associated with key sub-strategies, and work with the division leadership to regularly assess and adjust performance.
- Working proactively with division leadership teams on due diligence process, integration planning and follow through, transaction mechanics and project management. And serving as a key leader throughout the acquisition process.
- Preparing specific sections of the quarterly earnings press release, earnings call script, and earnings call presentation.
Qualification Requirements include:
- Strong track record of success in positions of increasing responsibility; minimum of five years of broad-based business experience; relevant experience includes, but is not limited to strategic consulting, corporate development/planning, M&A/investment advisory, and/or buy-side equity analysis;
- Highly independent, strategic thinker with a mix of deep financial acumen, broad-based business experience and an impeccable track record of distinctive leadership in a wide range of team settings;
- Strategic orientation; someone who can conceptualize visions; must have the ability to develop directional plans from ambiguous challenges and opportunities; someone who can assess current situations, the impact of change, and a broad range of outcomes relative to corporate goals and objectives; the ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Proven ability to synthesize complex analytics into concise, easily understood management implications and recommendations; high level of comfort dealing with complex data sets, drawing insights from ambiguity and accessing data from a wide range of sources is a critical requirement; must be comfortable recognizing that analysis is more than pure number-crunching;
- Experience working with business owners and corporate executives, either directly or in an advisory capacity; proven ability to build strong relationships and to earn trust;
- Significant financial analytical skills, ability to understand and interpret financial statements; familiarity with acquisition accounting issues and company valuation methodologies is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an active listener who is a proven facilitator and consensus builder; someone who values generative discovery and discussions and authenticity in all interactions;
- Demonstrated ability to manage across hierarchical and organizational boundaries and the ability to use a wide range of influencing skills to build consensus and alignment across the organization;
- Manufacturing experience is preferred but not required; management experience is a plus;
- Ability to support and succeed within the EnPro culture and core values;
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in business-related subjects; MBA preferred.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Strategy, Corporate Development & Investor Relations
Requisition Number: 2015527
EEO Employer Verbiage: