Shipping and Receiving Associate
Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 20707
Perform various Shipping and Receiving functions of materials and finished products. Ensure correct execution, record keeping, and control of all shipping documentation and traceability. Understand and support Qualiseal and customer shipping requirements and procedures. Assist in material handling, storage, and inventory control.
- Count, Package, and Inspect materials for shipment.
- Inspection and Preparation of all documentation required to accompany shipments.
- Count and receive all incoming materials including material from overseas, or material with special instructions.
- Use Qualiseal ERP (computer system) to perform shipments and receipts of product.
- Use and maintain customer portals via internet to complete shipments in accordance to customer requirements.
- Interpret, file, and organize Certificate of Conformance and Material Test Reports upon receipt of shipments.
- Maintain Vendor file and production routers for all outgoing products shipped to outside processing.
- Monitor, maintain, and order shipping supplies necessary.
- Responsible to schedule all pickups of materials as needed.
- Comply with trade compliance needs.
- Assist the assembly department with miscellaneous job functions as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Basic computer skills required. Prior shipping and receiving experience a plus.
Ability to read and interpret detailed written instructions. Must be able to clearly communicate with co-workers and supervisor verbally. Ability to write or type clearly and accurately required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure (weight & scales), using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must be able to determine proper shipping addresses, make correction and judgment calls as needed in getting materials to their proper destination.
Must be able to learn and utilize inspection equipment associated to assembly needs (examples: Load Test, Flow Test, Spring Load, etc..) Ability to read a micrometer, drop indictor and caliper.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to both stand and sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk, or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move packaged or individual seals and assemblies 0.5 ounces up to 1 pound, frequently lift and/or move packaged or individual seals and assemblies up to 4 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Employee must be capable of operating fork truck, hand truck, and other technologies to aid in the safe movement of materials.
The individual must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and cleaning solution. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Shipping and Receiving Associate
Requisition Number: 2015535
EEO Employer Verbiage: