Location: Millington, Michigan US
Job Number: 20808
This position is responsible for a shared role of process and quality engineering. Will provide technical expertise and support to operations, assuring that new and existing manufacturing processes meet or exceed safety, quality, and cost requirements. Develop and implement state of the art processes for future growth and work with facility teams to drive change through improvements. Will utilize Lean Manufacturing Principles, Six Sigma Problem Solving techniques and provides technical expertise to ensure compliance to the Quality Policy and Industry Standards, such as ISO 9001:2015. Conduct quality audits, track and analyze data and ensure implementation of corrective/preventative action.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve robust manufacturing processes. Resolve difficult problems systematically with effective solutions. Follow company defined new product development process (akin to APQP) to provide new processes in support of new product release(s).
- Monitor and track key quality indices and initiate preventative programs or corrective action, as required, achieving performance that approaches six-sigma level.
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives. Justify and implement capital investment projects.
- Coordinate and conduct quality audits (internal or external), publish findings and ensure corrective action. Ensure compliance of organization to Quality policy, standards, and requirements.
- Develop measurement systems and ensure the effectiveness of the systems. Develop and maintain associated documents tied to QMS.
- Develop capable tooling and processes to meet design requirements. Develop processes and systems that comply with recognized quality management system requirements.
- Lead cross functional teams to implement new products or continuously improve processes. Actively participate in cross functional team projects.
- Personally committed to actively improve personal performance and knowledge.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in a technical field required.
- Master's Degree in a technical field and/or management studies desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in an area involving development of processes, preferably in a manufacturing company.
- Lean Manufacturing Skills certification is desirable.
- Six Sigma Skills certification is desirable.
- Experience using 3D modeling software, preferably SOLIDWORKS.
- Experience with machining process is desirable (e.g. grinding, turning, milling, CNC)
- Previous experience in managing projects of new technologies and a strong team skill set is desirable.
- Knowledge of raw materials and design development (process design) is a plus.
- Communicates effectively (written and verbal) to interface with customers (plants) and suppliers.
- Must possess experience in design and application of mechanical products and systems or products requiring similar skills and experience.
- Thorough understanding and ability to use Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), PPAP, and FMEA methods and tools.
- Experience with Google products and Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel as needed. Typical travel requirements are in the range of 10-20%.
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
Millington, Michigan, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Millington, Michigan US
Community / Marketing Title: Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015554
EEO Employer Verbiage: