Machinist - 1st Shift
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 20918
Conduct the day-to-day production activities associated with assigned duties in the Die Shop Department.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Assist in making roughed components for building new tooling.
- Making backup components for production tooling.
- Work regularly with engineers and tool & die makers to review work orders and build required parts for engineering and manufacturing.
- Heavy involvement in continuous improvement and safety projects.
- Finish machining as required to assist tool makers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Technical certificate/Trade School degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Problem solving.
- Operating all types and brands of machining equipment using all types of measurement tools, math skills, blueprint reading.
- Machines and equipment required to use: Manual lathe, Manual mill, Drill press, Grinder.
- Strong CNC lathe and CNC mill experience.
- Tools and software required to use: Machine programming, MasterCam software, Blueprints, Work orders, and Measurement tools.
- Frequently required to stand, use hands to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and move up to 35 pounds.
- Occasionally required to walk and sit.
- Frequent risk of electrical shock.
- PPE Required: Steel toe shoes, Safety glasses, and any additional requirements setup for tool & die.
- Will be required to complete following training: Enpro safety requirements. Stemco SPQDC requirements, Stemco standard work tool and die requirements, and Machine shop safety.
This position requires a technical certificate or associate's degree in computer aided manufacturing or another relevant field. This position requires a minimum of 2-5 years of experience. It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist - 1st Shift
Requisition Number: 2015563
EEO Employer Verbiage: