Engineering Manager, Design
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 21132
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries company, is looking for an Engineering Design Manager to join our team in Beloit, WI. The Engineering Design Manager will provide design group leadership and execute component and assembly mechanical design and analysis activities for all of the department's new and upgrade engine programs as well as the drafting/modeling/analysis needs from Manufacturing and Field Service.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate planning, organization, control, integration and completion of department design projects, including the review of product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications. Coordinate activities associated with technical development, scheduling, and resolving engineering design problems.
- Lead the best-practice design rules for component dimensioning, datum callout, and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Lead in-house cross functional design review efforts
- Supervise and develop/mentor assigned design personnel. Coordinate personnel through resource forecasting process aligned to Engineering needs. Execute department strategy and capability growth efforts by developing staff capabilities, recruiting, and managing technical deliverables of design team. Identify annual capital needs and manage design team budget
- Lead design activities and provide design and analysis support for
- Cost reduction, NCR and value engineering projects, including modeling, red-lined drawings, design analysis and/or validation of critical engine components
- Existing and new projects
- Release Bills of Materials and ECOs
- New Sales RFQ Design and/or Analysis Need
- Be the owner of Engineering Change Process (reporting the ECO weekly progress, leading ECRB meetings and driving for improvement)
- Be responsible for the design training activities such as GD&T, SolidWorks, ANSYS, etc.
- Maintain centrally located component design records
- Supporting IT on PLM/PDM (Enovia) Implementation and Upgrades by leading the Engineering Functional Activities and being the POC for Engineering.
- Leverage manufacturing experience to reduce cost and lead times of prototype and production components
- BSME or equivalent degree required; advanced technical degree desired
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a design role within a manufacturing environment. Prior engine experience desired
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Creative thinking, highly motivated, and the ability to work in a team environment is required
- Experience with design and development of engine components and systems (e.g. - power cylinders, crankshafts, journal bearings, etc.). Knowledge of manufacturing processes (machining and heat treating) as well as castings, forgings, and heavy steel fabrications as these relate to component design. Able to create and interpret fabrication and machining drawings. Knowledge of engine performance and the relationships to component design.
- Understanding of engine performance, combustion, and emissions relative component design and analysis
- Must be comfortable with calculations, numeric methods and graphing
- Experience working with 3D modeling design tools including a PDM/PLM system
- Strong strength of materials working knowledge and experience with FEA software such as ANSYS preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Minimal travel required
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Fairbanks Morse.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager, Design
Requisition Number: 2015566
EEO Employer Verbiage: