Aerospace Manufacturing Operative
Location: Leicester, GB
Job Number: 21142
Technetics Aerospace Elastomer Solutions business designs and manufactures precision elastomer seals and components for airframe and engine applications in the global Aerospace market. We have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting applications within the industry that you regularly hear about in the news.
We are looking for a motivated manufacturing individual to join our Narborough team in the role of Manufacturing Operative . In this position, you'll be responsible for manufacturing elastomer seals and components for the areospace industry, ensuring that quality and safety are at the forefront of your work. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organisation.
What will you be doing as a Manufacturing Operative?
- Production of rubber mouldings in line with internal specifications and customer drawings, including the preparation and cutting of materials accurately as well as the hand fabrication of complex rubber mouldings, as defined by process specification.
- Support the product development team to transition projects through to the production environment.
- Support the implementation of Lean techniques
- Ensure that Quality standards are maintained.
- Work with the production team to ensure that the Technetics schedule adherence is above 95%.update
- Update JES specifications and work instructions to include critical build information
- Resolve in process issues
- Assist implementation of new products into production
- Identify and assist with process improvement and continuous improvement projects in manufacturing.
- Basic level of Maths and English skills; for example, measuring parts accurately to stated specification.
- Ability to work on own in production cell as well as part of the production team.
- Ability to work to safety and quality standards.
- Experience of related 'hand' manufacture processes is essential.
- Previous experience of rubber moulding and hand fabrication of rubber mouldings is highly desired but not essential
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to establish and document critical information in work instructions.
- Basic problem solving techniques
- Can do and positive attitude to continuous and process improvement.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Location_formattedLocationLong: Leicester, GB
Community / Marketing Title: Aerospace Manufacturing Operative
Requisition Number: 2015587
EEO Employer Verbiage: