Supply Chain Manager BPG
Location: Rome, Georgia US
Job Number: 21371
This position can work remote and be located in various locations such as Atlanta, Ga.; Charlotte, NC.; etc.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the Material Value Stream from Raw to Finished Goods. This position has the responsibility of selecting appropriate suppliers, negotiating prices and payment terms, making purchase commitments for the assigned services and/or materials and resolving issues regarding shipping and invoicing errors with suppliers. The position will also have the responsibility of developing and maintaining supplier metrics, working alone or in teams to maintain appropriate inventory levels, provide support for new product development and communicate relevant information as necessary. Administers an effective and efficient production control program to assure that plant output schedules and budgets are met. As a member of the management team, will provide resources and direct the team to ensure that there are sufficient internal control environment to meet the financial reporting and operations support needs for the company and to comply with the regulatory requirements.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Develop strategic plan and provide direction to Supply Chain team. Develop goals and implement action plans to develop global sourcing opportunities. Present positive ethical example including compliance (self and team) with financial requirements
- Performs procurement functions within the guidelines of the company's policies, standard operating procedures and departmental procedures.
- Develops partnership/alliance relationship with assigned suppliers to establish reliable supply source for the company. Lead negotiations with current and potential suppliers for cost reduction and/or value added services.
- Communicate routinely, informally and formally, to peers, management, as appropriate, current information on supplier's shipments, process improvement activities, commodity-pricing trends and other relevant events and/or issues.
- W orks alone and in teams for continuous improvement of internal and external processes and/or factors that affect quality, delivery, service, inventory levels and cost/price.
- Expedites supplier deliveries and conducts follow-up when necessary. Provide support and perform procurement functions for R&D/Prototype and Engineering team with new product development to reduce our time to market.
- Help resolve invoicing and shipping issues between suppliers and company accounting/receiving functions.
- Lead and Educate Supply Chain and Manufacturing in the procurement of goods to maintain kanbans at the most economical cost that will provide the highest level of service to our customers while maintaining inventory at the lowest levels possible.
- Lead the coordination with facility leadership cycle counts for the purpose of maintaining inventory accuracy in accordance with our EnPro Cycle Count Process. Research abnormalities as appropriate or assist the Shipping department to resolve differences.
- Lead the reviewing process of inventory levels at all warehousing locations and make recommendation based upon historical data and market trends and conditions to insure we have the right inventory in the correct amounts at each location.
- Lead the process for timely receipt of material with projected manufacturing schedules.
- Lead the process for scheduling and movement of material within the plant.
- Lead EnPro SC MOS and SC Capability
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation, or equivalent in SC, highly preferred or required to be obtained within three years of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- specifically with external vendors/suppliers.
- Servant Leadership Style
- ERP experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Experience with materials negotiation preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience with Kanban systems and lean management tools preferred.
5-7 years expereince
Rome, Georgia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rome, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Manager BPG
Requisition Number: 2015608
EEO Employer Verbiage: