Controller - Berea
Location: Berea, Kentucky US
Job Number: 21491
The Controller for the Berea business functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively provide financial guidance, support, and leadership to manage the business. Leads the financial staff at the Berea plant and is responsible for business analysis, general accounting, payables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, financial reporting, and business planning.
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / EnPro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Prepare and manage month-end activities, variance analysis, and monthly reconciliation.
- Leads the plant's financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Participate in Kaizen events to improve productivity and prepare analysis to support new capital equipment with a complete understanding of IRR, payback, and NPV of investments
- Ensures there are effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX, compliance, etc.)
- Develop and standardize daily, weekly, and monthly plan performance reporting, including KPI's and reporting in support of continuous improvement efforts as well as educate plant personnel on these key indicators.
- Analyze and accurately report current month's financial results to the plant, leadership team, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Analyze changes on product configuration, raw materials, manufacturing methods and services provided, to determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the standard costs. This starts will the bill of materials and item cost, labor routings, labor rates, as well as overhead assignments.
- Provide in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
- Act as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of Finance.
- Provide insightful and competitive analytics that anticipates change and drive decision making.
- Work across organizational boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate .
- Normal office environment with no undue exposure to noise, odors, dust, drafts, etc.
- Possible repetitive keyboard work
- Sustained visual concentration on monitors, screens or worksheets
- Possible lifting of office supplies up to 35 lbs.
- Minor overnight travel required - Responsible for Chattanooga facility as well as Berea facility
7-10 years progressive responsibility in Accounting/Finance
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Berea, Kentucky US
Community / Marketing Title: Controller - Berea
Requisition Number: 2015619
EEO Employer Verbiage: