Manager, IT Operations
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 21598
Garlock, an EnPro Industries company, is currently seeking a Manager, IT Operations to join our Information Technology team in Palmyra, just east of Rochester, NY. The Manager, IT Operations is overseeing a team of Operations Analysts and an Operations Engineer who ensure that end users across North America are receiving the appropriate IT assistance across all Garlock businesses. The Manager, IT Operations will analyze performance of IT Operations support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and prevent future problems.
Responsibilities of the Manager, IT Operations:
- Formulate and maintain a long-term strategic plan for acquiring and operating efficient and effective information-processing applications, technologies, and communications infrastructures
- Work with other management staff to create, manage, and monitor request handling, escalation, and deployment policies and procedures and ensure the company's IT systems are sufficient and aligned to meet the business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Development and maintenance of a sourcing strategy for IT assets, including application software, technical assets, and IT-related physical infrastructure systems management
- Negotiation, oversight, and administration of vendor, consultant contracts, and service agreements as they relate to IT infrastructure
- Maintenance of planned and active IT projects to include business requirements, work plans, planned delivery milestones, allocated resources, and issues, with regular status reporting status to senior management
- Development and review of budgets and business case justifications for IT capital and expense items, ensuring that they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Review of IT systems performance to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements, preferably utilizing ITIL to develop best practices and concepts around ITSM
- Benchmark, analyze, report, and recommend improvements to IT infrastructure and IT systems; research, plan, and implement a plan to modernize the company's existing infrastructure
- Authorize and oversee the development, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and ongoing support of all server, security and infrastructure items based on company needs
- Develop and implement new IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Partner across global teams to create common processes and procedures, which contribute to continuous improvement on the service delivery levels for all IT support
- Conduct talent assessments and seek development opportunities for existing staff, including the training, coaching, and mentorship of all IT Operations employees
Required Qualifications of the Manager, IT Operations:
- Completed high school diploma or GED
- 10+ years of management experience, with two or more direct reports
- 15+ years of experience in IT operations, infrastructure administration, and systems engineering, including end-user support and having gone through at least one major deployment, migration, or implementation
- Administering enterprise environments with Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office 2010
- SCCM, Citrix/Terminal Services, Google Apps, VPN and remote environments
- TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, Print Servers, DHCP, LAN, wireless, Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco phone systems
- IAAS (AWS), VMWare
- Database Technologies (Oracle, SQL)
- Linux, Windows
Preferred Qualifications of the Manager, IT Operations:
- 4+ years of experience in working with Oracle infrastructure environment, specifically Oracle 11i
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Completion of all three levels of ITIL Certification)
- Bachelor's degree in related field *with a completed bachelor's degree, the qualifications adjust
- 5+ years of management experience, with two or more direct reports
- 7+ years of experience in IT operations, infrastructure administration, and systems engineering, including end-user support and having gone through at least one major deployment, migration, or implementation
Garlock offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and 13 paid holidays including a Christmas holiday shutdown. Generous relocation benefits are available if relocation is required.
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
In addition to designing and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions, we also offer a wide range of safety-oriented training for our customers. The EnPro Learning System offers consulting services, safety courses, and safety conferences throughout the year to help other companies and professionals implement safety excellence at their facilities.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, IT Operations
Requisition Number: 2015634
EEO Employer Verbiage: