IT Operations Manager
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 21598
Objectives of the Position:
The IT Operations Manager's role is to oversee that end users are receiving the appropriate IT assistance across all Garlock businesses on all their devices and applications. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the prioritization and resolution of end user service requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of service desk requests. The IT Operations Manager may also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Manage Garlock's IT personnel responsible for:
- Support for North America locations
- including desk side, etc.
- Create a global support process for all End Users including their PCs, laptops, printers, and other peripherals
- Manage and monitor request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Create and manage deployment process for all PCs and laptops
- Document all pertinent end user identification information and nature of problem or issue.
- Manage division relationships related to Enterprise IT standards and initiatives
- Create management reporting to include activities, projects, and budgeting.
- Train, coach, and mentor IT Operations Analysts and other junior staff.
- Establish and enforce service levels agreements in consultation with end users to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Analyze performance of IT Operations support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
Communication & Teamwork:
- Work across global teams to create common processes and procedures, which contribute to continuous improvement on the service delivery levels for all IT support.
- Maintains a best-in-class customer-service focus and attitude at all times, and holds others accountable for the same.
- Final point of contact for all escalated resolutions.
- Ability to prioritize activities and collaborate with other teams to deliver the best solution to the end users; is able to influence without authority.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and proven ability to form effective, customer-oriented business partnerships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with all organizational levels within a culturally diverse environment.
- Required to work an after-hours rotation as needed to meet project deadlines, system maintenance, work assignments, repairs or to address emergencies.
- Including "after-hours," nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Qualifications, skills & expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years' experience in information technology with progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
- Expert / industry-leading experience, knowledge, and troubleshooting skills in the following technical areas:
- Administering enterprise environments with Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office 2010
- SCCM, Citrix/Terminal Services, Google Apps, VPN and remote environments.
- TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, Print Servers, DHCP, LAN, wireless, Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, etc.
- IAAS (AWS), VMWare
- Database technologies - Oracle, SQL
- Cisco phone systems
- Advanced working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Negotiation, oversight, and administration of vendor, consultant contracts, and service agreements as they relate to IT infrastructure
- Formulation and maintenance of a long-term strategic plan for acquiring and operating efficient and effective information-processing applications, technologies, and communications infrastructures
- Working with other management staff to ensure the company's IT systems are sufficient to meet the business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Development and maintenance of a sourcing strategy for IT assets, including application software, technical assets, and IT-related physical infrastructure Systems Management:
- Maintenance of planned and active IT projects to include business requirements, work plans, planned delivery milestones, allocated resources, and issues, with regular status reporting status to senior management
- Development and review of budgets for IT capital and expense items, ensuring that they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives
- Review of IT systems performance to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements
- Benchmarking, analysis, reporting, and recommending improvements to IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Authorizing and overseeing the development, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and ongoing support of all server, security and infrastructure items based on company needs
- Direction of research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities and efforts
- Development and implementation of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Capacity to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Preferred certification in ITIL and Microsoft MCSA
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: IT Operations Manager
Requisition Number: 2015634
EEO Employer Verbiage: