Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 21602
We are looking for a motivated Systems Engineer to join our infrastructure team with Technetics Group. In this position, you'll be based at our Harwood Heights site just northwest of Chicago and will support the management of the Information Technology (IT) system and infrastructure within Technetics, including the physical network, server applications, system, and software. This exciting role will provide the opportunity to grow your career while being part of a dynamic, driven, and growth-oriented organization.
What will you be doing as an Systems Engineer?
- Monitor, maintain, and upgrade server applications, systems, and hardware.
- Responsible for execution IT controls such as user termination, system backup monitoring, systems error logs monitoring.
- Monitor, test performance, provide statistics and reports to proactively identify potential problems and bottlenecks.
- Diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Provide on-call technical support.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts in conjunction with architecture team to ensure continuity of services.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases for the system infrastructure to maintain service levels.
- Ensure environment is secure and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Review and study assigned vendor software and hardware products to determine those that meet Global needs.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to outsourced vendors, junior members of the team, or other third-party contractors involved with the management or provisioning of network resources.
- Develop and apply current technology to satisfy business requirements or solve business related issues.
- Work in compliance with EnPro IT policies in respect of security, access management and change management.
What are the technical qualifications of an Systems Engineer?
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years of hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience researching into product, system, or datacenter issues.
- Knowledge of applicable PCI, SOX, and data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience at an enterprise company with sole responsibility of managing an environment:
- Administering enterprise environments with Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office 2010
- RDS, G Suite, Google Apps, VPN, and remote environments
- Database technologies like SQL, Oracle
- Advanced working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, WINS, Print Servers LAN, wireless, Active Directory, etc.
- Ability to set up, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot virtual servers, such as Hyper-V, VMware, IAAS, AWS, Amazon EC2, Cloud.
- Certifications are preferred, such as Net+, MCSA/MCSE, MCTS, Security+, CCENT/CCNA/CCNP.
- Professional experience in the manufacturing or industrial industry is preferred.
- SCCM, Citrix/Terminal Services, Cisco Call Manager, Unified CM, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, or VoIP experience is a plus.
What are the additional requirements of an Systems Engineer?
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills; ability to work effectively with all organizational levels within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015637
EEO Employer Verbiage: