Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 21604
The Process Engineer provides technical expertise and support to manufacturing operations to assure that new and existing product requirements can be met safely, at optimum quality and cost levels. The Process Engineer supports new product development, utilizing Lean Manufacturing Principles and Six Sigma Problem Solving techniques to implement and maintain these systems.
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Leadership: Manage multiple projects. Justify and implement capital investment projects. Execute plans that provide customer value.
- Technical: Design, develop, implement, maintain and improve robust manufacturing processes. Resolve difficult problems systematically with effective solutions. Follow a standard phase gate development procedure for new product and process development activities.
- Quality: Develop capable tooling and processes to meet print requirements. Provide process instructions and process FMEA's. Develop processes and systems that comply with recognized quality management system requirements.
- Team Work: Lead/Participate in cross functional teams to implement new products or continuously improve processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Successful Process Engineers consistently meet mutually agreed upon project deadlines and metrics while maintaining the roles and responsibilities listed below within Stemco's culture. They are personally committed to actively improve personal performance and process/product knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical/Controls Engineering or Manufacturing Technology or equivalent required or 5+ years of experience in Engineering capacity may be acceptable. 2-5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment desired. Recent college graduates may be considered where appropriate.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing Technology and tools, Problem Solving Skills, and ISO/TS 16949 or QS9000 preferred.
- Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge in computer aided design, word processing and spreadsheet application required. Experience in the design, manufacture, implementation, and problem resolution of assembly equipment, jigs, and fixtures in a production environment.
- Self-driven; self-motivated; self-learner; positive attitude; willing to go above and beyond when needed; proactive
- Receive and give positive feedback; adaptability; ability to turn customer needs into engineering requirements
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015635
EEO Employer Verbiage: