Supply Chain Manager
Location: Longview, Texas US
Job Number: 21678
Supply Chain Manager
This position has the responsibility of selecting appropriate suppliers, negotiating prices and payment terms, making purchase commitments for the assigned services and/or materials and resolving issues regarding shipping and invoicing errors with suppliers. The position will also have the responsibility of developing and maintaining supplier metrics, working alone or in teams to maintain appropriate inventory levels, provide support for new product development and communicate relevant information as necessary. As a member of the management team, will provide resources and direct the team to ensure that there are sufficient internal control environment to meet the financial reporting and operations support needs for the company and to comply with the regulatory requirements
- Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
- Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Develop and implement commodity strategic plans and objectives focused on supporting the company's current and long-term goals or needs.
- Performs procurement functions within the guidelines of the company's policies, standard operating procedures and departmental procedures.
- Develops partnership/alliance relationship with assigned suppliers to establish reliable supply source for the company. Lead negotiations with current and potential suppliers for cost reduction and/or value added services.
- Communicate routinely, informally and formally, to peers, management, as appropriate, current information on supplier's shipments, process improvement activities, commodity-pricing trends and other relevant events and/or issues.
- Works alone and in teams for continuous improvement of internal and external processes and/or factors that affect quality, delivery, service, inventory levels and cost/price.
- Expedites supplier deliveries and conducts follow-up when necessary. Provide support and perform procurement functions for R&D/Prototype and Engineering team with new product development to reduce our time to market.
- Help resolve invoicing and shipping issues between suppliers and company accounting/receiving functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation, or equivalent in SC, highly preferred or required to be obtained within three years of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- specifically with external vendors/suppliers.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience required.
- Experience with materials negotiation preferred.
Longview, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Longview, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Manager
Requisition Number: 2015646
EEO Employer Verbiage: