Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Job Number: 21701
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Starts and operates typical manual machines including, but not limited to lathes, mills, drills, grinders, and saws. Position is expected to know how to operate a diverse variety of machines, at the accepted industry standards for the type of tooling being used.
- Read and understand engineered drawings, blueprints, charts, process sheets, tables and parts blow ups and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005".
- Manufactures complex parts, maintains calibration of tooling and complete calibration forms as required.
- Sharpens and sets tools.
- Works with all metallic and non-metallic materials.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Ability to select appropriate tooling for the work to be done.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts using precision measuring instruments.
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to industry standards.
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments, uses gauges, calipers, micrometers to measure work.
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- Skilled Plasma Spray Technician with grinding experience
- Complete log books for each job, at each workstation.
- Maintain work area to the highest housekeeping standards.
- Monitor and maintain equipment as per maintenance requirements.
- Perform non-production related work as requested by the shift leader.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Works with minimum supervision
- Mentors and trains junior machinists
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention.
- Analytical skills
- Developed judgment skills
- Solution broker
- Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
- Ability to initiate and complete projects within a specific timeframe
- Must be able to follow routine and specific standards and procedures.
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) oriented
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime as required
- 5+ years of experience as a machinist
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining.
- Must be deemed competent by Journeyman if not completed certification
- Plasma Spray Technician experience
- All required & company specified HSE tickets
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Community / Marketing Title: Machinist
Requisition Number: 2015630
EEO Employer Verbiage: