Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 21705
The Quality Inspector will execute and support multiple quality functions relating to the manufacturing of aerospace products.
- Perform receiving, in-process, final inspections and first articles of complex components and assemblies using inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, indicators, surface plate, etc.
- Properly read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Document inspections on pre-made inspection reports.
- Review and approve material and special process certifications.
- Ensures compliance with all associated quality procedures, control plans and quality management system requirements
- Maintains quality traceability information
- Interpret and understand both internal and external specifications.
- Be able to interface with various computer programs that are critical to the job function.
- Build and maintain inspection records.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and compliance.
- Operates CMMs and other automated inspection machines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Background in manufacturing or inspection of precision machined parts to tight tolerances.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Proficient use of basic inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, comparators, surface plate tools, etc..
- Near Vision: Be able to see very fine imperfections / surface flaws in material.
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail, both on products and documentation.
- Must be self motivated and be highly productive.
- Basic math skills (adding/subtracting whole numbers/fractions, decimals, etc)
- ASQ training preferred
- 5 years' experience in a Quality related job function in a manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills in MS Office products
- Ability to lift 35 pounds without assistance
- Ability to follow oral and detailed written instructions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Inspector
Requisition Number: 2015647
EEO Employer Verbiage: