Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 21726
Based in Houston, Texas, Technetics PTFE & Polymer Solutions engineers and manufactures a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services, including tapes and films, thread seal, rods and cylinders, compression- and isostatic-molded components, custom machining, high performance etching, semiconductor component cleaning and more.
Our state-of-the-art compounding laboratories and engineering capabilities allow us to work with customers to develop new polymer technologies that address specific critical application needs in a broad array of industries, including Aerospace, Semiconductor, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Chemical Processing, Industrial and Construction.
We are looking for an experienced high energy Engineering Manager to join our Houston, Texas team. We are located near the Beltway and 290. This exciting role will provide you the opportunity to grow your career and learn new skills while being part of a dynamic, driven and growth oriented organization.
What you will be doing as Engineering Manager...
The Engineering Manager responsible for planning, organizing and directing all aspects of the Engineering department to meet site goals and objectives for design, new product development/introduction and continuous improvement of existing product lines.
- Overseeing key projects processes and performance reports, data, analysis and plans any/all documentation systems.
- Selecting, training, developing, empowering and mentoring team members.
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures and programs.
- Selecting correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products and/or continuous improvement of existing products.
- Developing and implementing methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform leadership of current status of each project.
- Working with operations, quality, and sales functions to review and monitor quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Managing Maintenance and facilities functions for the site, including Preventative Maintenance, metrics and continuous improvement.
- Directing appropriate support for operations and quality functions within the site/organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering highly preferred; Master's Degree in Engineering or Business a plus
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Engineering leadership role preferred.
- Experience within a similar manufacturing environment advantageous
- Ability to empower team members and serve in a Servant Leadership capacity
- Ability to manage projects of moderate complexity
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to work with and lead a cross-functional team
- Strong project management experience
Technetics Group is part of EnPro Industries, a $2B global diversified manufacturer with more than 5,000 employees worldwide and over 50,000 customers in 100+ countries. We're widely known for our Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility and individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect.
We offer generous benefits and competitive compensations packages that reward on target performance and profitable growth. Please apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Technetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Requisition Number: 2015650
EEO Employer Verbiage: