Production Technician - Welder in Manufacturing
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 21733
Operates a wide variety of machines and equipment to weld, inspect and manufacture complex assemblies used in the semi-conductor and aerospace industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads and interprets routine assembly and detailed drawings; uses basic mathematics skills to meet production requirements
- Collects quality data and evaluates data to ensure production requirements are met
- Assists with learning and development of newer team members
- Identifies quality problems as they occur and makes appropriate corrections or engage the appropriate staff
- Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance on various machines as prescribed
- Identifies machine performance problems and engage appropriate staff
- Performs other duties as requested by management and in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA)
- Ability to weld and assemble appropriate parts
- Ability to follow work instructions and Company Policies & Procedures
- Engagement in learning and work activities (ex. asks questions; offers suggestions for improvements; asks for further instruction upon completion of assigned tasks)
- Ability to recognize problems and either takes initiative to resolve them, or escalates them to appropriate resource
- A positive demeanor, a willingness to help others, and team player attitude
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum of 2 years in a welding and/or manufacturing environment
Other Skills and Abilities which can contribute to needed qualifications
- Mechanically inclined
- Gas Tungsten Arc welding experience
- Plasma Arc welding experience
- Electron Beam welding experience
- Any form of welding experience helpful
- Wood working experience either professional or as a hobby
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
City: Daytona Beach
Location_formattedLocationLong: Daytona Beach, Florida US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Technician - Welder in Manufacturing
Requisition Number: 2015658
EEO Employer Verbiage: