Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 21735
GPT (Garlock Pipeline Technologies), an EnPro Industries company, is seeking a Product Specialist to join the Product Management team out of our northwest Houston location. The Product Specialist will act as a commercial and technical resource for the LINK-SEAL product line. This is a great opportunity to join the Product Management team and have a chance to establish a career with unlimited growth potential!
Responsibilities of the Product Specialist:
- Develop and maintain a detailed technical knowledge of the product line.
- Streamline and create tools for various product/process developments that will assist in achieving higher sales and profit goals.
- Review bid packages and RFQs ensuring conformity to manufacturing limitations, customer requirements and industry standards. Also provide input/coordination for necessary approvals, pricing, material acquisition and scheduling requirements.
- Partner with Engineering and Sales on quoting for non-standards applications and customized product builds.
- Negotiate terms, materials, and designs with customers to achieve the most acceptable product configuration for the customer and the most reasonable product to produce.
- Assist with existing customer needs, contract review, and maintenance related to the product.
- Administer, analyze, and evaluate data to assess current market conditions and to help in identifying incremental business opportunities to remain competitive in the market.
- Work closely with Inside Sales, Marketing, and the Product Manager to promote products into new markets or to new customers, assists in the development of new and/or improved marketing programs, and provide other technical assistance as needed to grow commercial sales opportunities.
- Load and maintain web-based, Excel-based and Oracle price books/lists. Also responsible for editing existing modifiers and agreements in addition to pricing overrides.
- Responsible for timely part number creation, assignment and maintenance of product coding/part numbering system.
- Approve credits and RMA's pertaining to the product line (up to established authorization levels).
- Work with the Operations team on cost reduction opportunities, and ensure adherence to quality, design, and material standards.
Required Qualifications of the Product Specialist:
- Completed bachelor's degree
- 0-3 years of customer service or inside sales experience in an applicable industry, such as waste water treatment, electrical, HVAC, oil/gas, etc
- - OR -
- 0-3 years of experience as an applications or quality engineer, ideally in an applicable industry
GPT offers a dynamic working environment and exceptional advancement opportunities. We provide competitive compensation, vacation, and benefits packages, including: medical, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans and tuition reimbursement.
GPT, a member of the Garlock family, is the world's leading manufacturer of critical-service flange systems, spring-energized jacketed seals, and electrical flange isolation kits for the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and construction/infrastructure industries. GPT is a company focused on helping customers solve their critical application need. Critical pipeline sealing, electrical isolation products and our expert technical support help your company increase efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve safety.
At GPT we believe in creating custom solutions for our customers. With global reach and some of the most technologically advanced equipment available, we can help solve the most pressing pipeline challenges. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Product Specialist
Requisition Number: 2015656
EEO Employer Verbiage: