Technician - Suspension Products
Location: Fairlawn, Ohio US
Job Number: 21738
The Technician provides technical assistance to engineers to help test new products and materials. This position is responsible for running lab tests and for maintaining the test equipment. The work will include preparation of test samples and the recording/reporting of test results. The position will typically include working with the following products: air springs, king pin kits, steel bushings, and various polyurethane components for heavy vehicle applications.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Operate and maintain testing equipment in the laboratory.
- Assist with the development of new test methods for suspension products. Suspension products will typically include air springs, king pin kits, steel bushings, and various polyurethane components for heavy vehicle applications.
- Performs laboratory equipment calibrations at regular intervals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain accurate test reports and records.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, have basic math skills.
- Requires strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills including experience repairing mechanical equipment or vehicles.
- Strong desire to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to pursue a career path that includes additional job positions inside Stemco.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work in team when required.
- Must have ability to work unsupervised.
- Requires the daily use of laboratory equipment and computer.
- Requires use of proper protective equipment at all times.
- Ability to work in an environment containing oil, grease, water, and dirt.
- Performs daily cleaning of laboratory facility and equipment to maintain the facility as a center of excellence.
- Experience with Google products and Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Physical requirements:
- Ability to occasionally lift, push, pull up to 35 lbs.
- Continuously standing/walking on variable surfaces throughout entire shift.
- Climbing (occasionally) in and around equipment.
- Squatting/stooping/kneeling: Occasionally to as low as ground level while cleaning.
- Repetitive use of hand/grasping: Occasionally light to forceful manipulating/grasping of product or tools.
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
High school degree/equivalent
Less than 1 year
Fairlawn, Ohio, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Fairlawn, Ohio US
Community / Marketing Title: Technician - Suspension Products
Requisition Number: 2015653
EEO Employer Verbiage: