Corporate Senior Accountant
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21768
The Corporate Senior Accountant will have responsibility for general ledger and monthly close process, recurring and non-recurring journal entries, and related account reconciliations. This will include all matters related to these roles that are required of publicly traded companies, including participation in U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Strong written and verbal communication skills and effective teamwork and interpersonal skills are critical.
Corporate Senior Accountant Responsibilities
- General ledger (GL) accounting for Enpro Corporate office cost centers including preparation of journal entries and monthly accounting close process
- Utilize technology, specifically Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Microsoft Dynamics, and Microsoft Excel on a regular basis
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Issue and reconcile intercompany expense allocations to EnPro divisions
- Prepare quarter end and year end Reporting Packages to support Board and SEC reporting
- Local administrator of company-wide GL account reconciliation website for corporate ledger
- Responsible for intercompany payments as well as approving disbursement listings
- Provide analysis of intercompany charges from corporate to EnPro division contacts as requested
- Upload and maintenance of corporate ledgers in company-wide consolidation module
- Review/coordination of accounting for certain corporate legal entities with parties outside EnPro (contractors/consultants)
- Participation in annual corporate budget process
Corporate Senior Accountant Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business with an emphasis in accounting
- 2-7 years of general or cost accounting experience in public accounting at a large regional accounting firm, preferably from a Big Four public accounting firm
- Strong computer skills including detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience in working with and analyzing data from ERP and consolidation software modules
Corporate Senior Accountant Preferred Qualifications
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or CPA candidate with demonstrated progress toward gaining license
- Master's degree in accounting, finance, or business with an emphasis in accounting
Safety. Excellence. Respect.
Those three values form the core of the EnPro Industries culture. We're a global company with a global workforce, and diversity in people and ideas is a way of life. Fresh ideas can come from anyone regardless of background or level of experience. So, we've created and nurtured a culture that embraces fresh perspectives and rewards success for the team and the individual. When you make an impact at EnPro Industries we make sure it's recognized.
Our products are sold around the world, with nearly half of our sales generated outside the United States. Our products enjoy strong market positions in the U.S., Canada, Asia Pacific, and Central and South America and are purchased every year by customers in more than 100 countries.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Senior Accountant
Requisition Number: 2015662
EEO Employer Verbiage: