Sales Manager, Marine Services & Solutions
Location: San Diego, California US
Job Number: 21814
Sales Manager, Marine Services and Solutions - **REMOTE POSITION (With preference of San Diego, CA)
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro Industries company, is seeking a Sales Manager to join our Marine Services and Solutions team. This role is responsible for securing and growing sales of parts, service, and solutions in the marine industry with an emphasis on the US Navy.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow our marine Parts, Services, and Solutions business with existing customers (within the marine industry with an emphasis on US Navy and Coast Guard) as well as new customers with ship owners, managers, and shipyards.
- Provide technical support to customers
- Present company background, experience and products to marine customers, engineering consultants and shipyards, as well as various organizations, industry workshops or trade groups
- Preparation and delivery of presentations (including technical presentations that explain products or services) to customers, potential customers, trade groups, etc.
- Provide necessary information to customers including pricing, delivery and terms and conditions of sale - active selling is required
- Provide support to Fairbanks Morse Project Management, Solutions, Customer Service, and Service throughout the quotation and order fulfillment phases
- Attend industry-related conferences, workshops and exhibitions
- Take leadership role in all customer-related activities, including visits to existing customer locations, visits to Beloit, etc.
- Provide support and feedback to Fairbanks Morse Marketing Department to plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs:
- Promotion development plan: media, frequency, and tools
- Development of new marketing collateral and selling materials
- Selection of trade shows
- Stay up to date on competition/new programs/events in the marine industry
- Obtain competitive benchmark data and share internally
- Support a team environment that ensures alignment to company goals, objectives, and corporate values
- Lead in a manner that supports the EnPro transformation and Fairbanks Morse's values of Safety, Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Responsibility and Accountability
- Collaborate with peers and others within Fairbanks Morse and across EnPro
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
- Collaborate with sales support teams to develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Maintain sales and marketing forecasting reports.
- 7+ years experience in selling to shipyards, naval engineering firms, and vessel owners/operators
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant markets.
- Must have demonstrated capability of working / negotiating with the senior decision makers within customers (President, CEO, VP etc.)
- Build effective working relationship with the company's support organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to interface and gain trust cross functionally and effectively manage in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Microsoft office experience is required; Experience with Oracle software is preferred
- Previous experience in sales or sales management is required
- Experience negotiating and interpreting contracts is preferred
- Travel up to 70%
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business field or equivalent experience is required
San Diego, California, United States
City: San Diego
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Manager, Marine Services & Solutions
Requisition Number: 2015669
EEO Employer Verbiage: