Human Resources Business Partner - Chattanooga
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Job Number: 21850
The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for the areas of recruiting, compliance, employee relations and general HR support. This position will also administer various employee compensation and benefits programs, such as medical, dental, life, 401(k) and FMLA. Maintain the HRIS in a timely and accurate manner and produce reports and data for analysis. Perform other HR responsibilities as assigned .
Safety: Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work .
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
- Promote the STEMCO / EnPro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
- Recruitment: Process applications, background checks, and employment verification requests. Maintain Job Descriptions and facilitate recruitment efforts by maintaining job requisitions, creating job postings, screening applications/resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting background checks and making recommendations on candidates.
- Compliance: Manage the company Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) including all applicant tracking, recruitment programs and related documentation. Responsible for processing unemployment claims and providing accurate and timely reporting of surveys, labor statistics and reports as required. Maintain company compensation programs, i.e., salary, commissions, bonus with benchmarking and survey data
- Employee Relations: Coordinate events and assist with planning in company functions. Serve as the point-of-contact for the Human Resources Department and maintain a positive relationship with the employee
- HR Support: Maintain all employment related records/files including electronic files on the HR server. Prepare and maintain department/company reports, spreadsheets, letters, memos, and reports as required. Process invoices and provide vendor support for the HR department. Make travel arrangements, manage reservations and schedule meetings as required. Manage the Human Resources administrative tasks as assigned.
- Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Support: Act as a strong business partner to the operations team to ensure a safe work environment for all employees through leadership and support of Safety Action Teams. Directly manage Workers Compensation liability providers through attentive post injury case management base. Communicate information to employees/ex-employees effectively through the use of mail, e-mail, fax and internal postings. Respond to employee request as required.
- Microsoft products, (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), and other office equipment experience required.
- Knowledgeable of ADP HR software or similar Human Resources Information System software preferred.
- Ability to cope with sensitive, confidential and stressful situations involving other employees, staff and outside entities.
- Experience leading through influence and providing coaching at all levels of the organization
- Bachelors degree
2 - 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chattanooga, Tennessee US
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Business Partner - Chattanooga
Requisition Number: 2015681
EEO Employer Verbiage: