Buyer / Planner
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 21880
Garlock, an EnPro Industries division, is currently seeking a Buyer / Planner in this coordinator-level role to join our Supply Chain team in northeast Houston. The Garlock facility in northeast Houston manufactures metallic gaskets and purchases for distribution. The Buyer/Planner will source product in any economic environment and ensure production runs smoothly via scheduled.
Responsibilities of the Buyer / Planner:
- Releasing production jobs, purchasing local supplies, and analyzing and procuring imported materials
- Communicating externally with vendors and partnering internally across teams and departments on matters relating to inventory, customer and material requirement issues, scheduling, production and material deliveries
- Collaborating with and directing floor hands and production workers, both in manufacturing and logistics
- Analyzing and interpreting vendor on-time delivery, customer on-time delivery, and inventory performance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify and execute plans for improvement
- Creating continuous improvement plans to eliminate waste
- Developing and managing inventory levels, controls programs such as the cycle count program, return material authorization program, and physical inventory program, and reporting to yearly objective goals
- Maintaining the master production schedule and the master demand schedule to achieve customer delivery compliance and schedule requirements
Required Qualifications of the Buyer / Planner:
- Completed associate's degree
- 2+ years of supply chain experience related to logistics, buying, planning, procurement, negotiations
- Strong communication skills and the initiative to collaborate with a team mindset
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency while prioritizing multiple needs in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement focus and adept at problem solving
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook)
Preferred Qualifications of the Buyer / Planner:
- Completed bachelor's degree
- Supply chain certification from APICS, McKinsey, or Michigan State
- Experience with six sigma methodologies and tools
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP system
Garlock offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off. Generous relocation benefits are available if relocation is required.
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability. In addition to designing and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions, we also offer a wide range of safety-oriented training for our customers. The EnPro Learning System offers consulting services, safety courses, and safety conferences throughout the year to help other companies and professionals implement safety excellence at their facilities. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Buyer / Planner
Requisition Number: 2015685
EEO Employer Verbiage: