Messaging Operations Engineer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 21930
The Messaging Operations Engineer is responsible for managing and supporting the day-to-day operations of EnPro Industries email and collaboration tools environment. Serves as the escalation point for complex problems requiring expert technical knowledge and understanding of business requirements. This role will contribute to the direction, selection of products and services, planning, and implementation of technology for the messaging and collaboration applications. Assist Infrastructure team where applicable with a variety of technologies. Strong customer service skills, willingness to learn and grow, and a sense of urgency and accountability are all requirements for this role.
- Manage and support the day-to-day operations of the email and collaborations platform for EnPro, including:
- the management of incidents, requests, maintenance, scheduling, and escalations to successful closure within specified service level agreements (SLA)
- the management of mail flow, routing, and spam (i.e. rejected messages, lost emails, spam whitelist/blacklist)
- Proactive work to improve the sustainability and performance of the email and collaboration environments
- Oversight and administration of video conferencing platform and equipment
- Create and update policies, process and procedures where needed and communication to the IT groups.
- Responsible for creation, coordination and implementation of change requests for the email / collaboration platforms.
- Maintain platform documentation and update as needed.
- Backup and recovery of user mailboxes and emails
- Work with vendors to resolve any issues encountered in the environments. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Responsible for testing new features and components of the software platforms.
- Provide Tier II support escalation to the Service Desk. Resolve problems within established practices.
- Update job knowledge and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities such as training classes, reading professional blogs and forums, relevant social media, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Required to provide support as needed after-hours to meet project deadlines, system maintenance, work assignments, repairs or to address emergencies.
- Final point of contact for all escalated resolutions.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years direct experience managing Microsoft Exchange
- Experience managing and supporting Google G Suite and/or Microsoft Office 365
- Working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Microsoft clustering technologies
- Experience developing, testing and deploying software packages in a Windows server environment
- Understand various access methods including POP, IMAP, OWA, MAPI, Outlook Anywhere, and SMTP.
- Exchange, Office 365 or G Suite certifications (MCSE in messaging, MCSA: O365, G Suite Administration)
- Knowledge of Microsoft development\scripting languages (VB Script, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience supporting environments regulated by compliance frameworks such as DFARS, ITAR, NIST, Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to handle multiple user requests and prioritize work assignments.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Support and adhere to Company's Core Values.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Messaging Operations Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015689
EEO Employer Verbiage: