Summer Internship - Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 21941
Fairbanks Morse Engine, an EnPro Industries company, is seeking highly-motivated Interns to join our team. As an Intern, you will be taking on impactful work, while engaging in a dynamic learning experience, and working as a valued member of our team.
Opportunities exist for students who are pursuing a degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, have completed at least sophomore year by the start of the internship, and hold a minimum GPA of 3.00.
The responsibilities of the interns on this project may include:
- Participation in continuous improvement initiatives
- Observation of work to collect standard times and develop capacity planning
- Assist in Failure analysis projects
- Create documentation around standard procedures
- Other duties as assigned
General internship requirements:
- Must be available to work from June 3 through August 16, 2019
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Sponsorship for employment visas is not available for this job opening.
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, reference verification, post-offer drug testing and background check
- Proficient in Google Drive Suites, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must have access to reliable transportation
What is expected from an intern?
- Dedication to creating a safe workplace free of all injuries
- Presentation to the leadership team at the conclusion of the internship
- Completing work as assigned and meeting all deadlines
- Routinely communicating with department staff and informing them of any difficulties in completing work
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Desire to learn new things
- Highly motivated approach to problem solving
- Working hours as agreed and giving advance notice of any necessary schedule changes
- Adherence to dress code, which is casual but appropriate for an office environment
What can an intern expect from the company?
- The opportunity to receive a hands-on, professional work experience
- Additional learning experiences outside of daily work, including trainings and workplace growth activities
- Program support with regular progress updates, team building activities and professional guidance
- Sufficient opportunity to build your professional portfolio, including interaction with professional work teams
- Housing stipend of $1,000, paid half at the start and half at the end of the internship
- Competitive hourly wage of $17.50 per hour
About Fairbanks Morse (FME): We are a worldwide leader in the technology and manufacturing of engineering used primarily in marine and power generations applications. Fairbanks Morse manufactures high quality diesel engines and generator sets, dual-fuel engines and original equipment parts, all backed with world-class field service.
Fairbanks Morse Engine, an EnPro Industries company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit us online at www.fairbanksmorse.com
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Summer Internship - Manufacturing Engineering
Requisition Number: 2015692
EEO Employer Verbiage: