Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 21972
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro company, is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our Manufacturing and Operations team in Beloit, WI. The Production Planner will mainly be responsible for working with the Manufacturing team and assisting with the production and planning of raw materials. Additionally, the Production Planner will manage capacity constraints and make recommendations to Production Supervisors, the Production Control Manager, and the Manufacturing Manager.
This position is in our Large Engine Building department, which works with heavy weld equipment, fabrication equipment, and CNC machines.
Responsibilities of the Production Planner:
- Track part deliveries (manufactured and purchased) in support of engine assembly and parts markets
- Improve daily ERP system flow by developing systems to improve material flow and information to decrease our response time to customers
- Analyze and implement material replenishment options
- Coordinate monthly shipment plans
- Quote expedited deliveries of spare parts and expedite parts when necessary
- Assist in long term contract quoting
- Lead efforts to right-size inventory levels
- Ensure order priorities are in the correct lineup at machines.
Required Qualifications of the Production Planner:
- Experience in a production scheduling or strategic buyer or planning role in a heavy manufacturing environment with:
- 1+ years of experience with a Bachelor's degree OR 3+ years of experience with a high school diploma or GED Certificate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications of the Production Planner:
- Experience working in a union environment
- APICS certifications
- ERP system experience, preferably Oracle
Education of the Production Planner:
- High school diploma or GED Certificate; Bachelor's degree preferred
Fairbanks Morse offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, full tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
About Fairbanks Morse
Fairbanks Morse is the critical power solutions expert - a strategic partner and a trusted source for application-specific, fuel- flexible power systems that deliver optimal performance in mission critical applications. These applications include base load and standby power generation and emergency back-up power for nuclear plants; ship propulsion and shipboard power for the United States Navy and Coast Guard and commercial vessels, and mechanical drive applications such as crude oil and water pumping.
An EnPro Industries company, Fairbanks Morse can be found powering the world forward in a wide range of municipal, institutional and industrial applications. EnPro Industries is a diversified manufacturer of proprietary engineered products used in critical applications with more than 5000 people worldwide with products sold in over 100 countries across the globe.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Fairbanks Morse Careers
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Planner
Requisition Number: 2015703
EEO Employer Verbiage: