ME - Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 21973
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro company, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Manufacturing and Operations team in Beloit, WI. The Manufacturing Engineer is mainly responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing manufacturing strategies that support and improve large engine assembly and test procedures. Additionally, the Manufacturing Engineer plays a key role in training, educating, influencing, and motivating work teams to be safe, innovative, productive, and to contribute to the evolution into a world class manufacturing facility.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be part of the cornerstone for a world leader in engine technology that provides propulsion to the US Navy, US Coast Guard, and provides emergency power for nuclear power plants. Our engines weigh up to 250 tons and provide up to 33,500 horsepower to meet our customers' needs.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Identify, develop, and evaluate manufacturing techniques that support production improvements that can be captured through quantitative or qualitative analysis
- Compile justifications for equipment or technologies that support tangible analysis for improvements which target an 18-month ROI or better
- Assist in the selection, purchase, and installation of new multi million-dollar equipment
- Work with engineering when designing new products to ensure manufacturability and work with product research and development to assist with designing test stand and fixtures for manufacturing of new products and specify new machines and processes
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings, fixtures, gaging, design concepts, shop orders, and concepts in accordance with the R&D and Quality Assurance functions
- Work with internal and external suppliers to develop manufacturing processes that meet product standards and specifications
- Participate in the development of processes, tooling, fixtures, setups and CNC machine programs
- Document manufacturing processes for engine assembly and engine testing using ERP system
- Perform time studies to develop, implement, and validate manufacturing time requirements to produce engine parts and determine cost data
- Develop work instructions for current, new or updated manufacturing techniques
- Provide support in production departments by performing root cause corrective actions, solutions and resolve production problems on parts written up for nonconformance reports (NCR's)
- Implement engineering change orders into new or existing manufacturing processes
- Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, environmental safety and health regulations and manufacturing practices in providing a safe and friendly work environment
Required Qualifications of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Experience in manufacturing in one or more of the following areas: engine assembly, engine testing, metal fabrication, robotic welding, CNC machining and grinding, painting, piping, and heat-treating processes with:
- 1+ years with a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR 3+ years with a High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in CAD and CAM programs and design
Preferred Qualifications of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Experience in automotive, defense, or nuclear industries
- Experience working with an ERP system, Oracle preferred
- Experience in Solid Works, Cimlinc, or Esprit
Education of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Due to access to protected information for US government programs, US citizenship is required for this role and the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of citizenship at the time of hire. Acceptable proof of citizenship includes a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Fairbanks Morse offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, full tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
About Fairbanks Morse
Fairbanks Morse is the critical power solutions expert - a strategic partner and a trusted source for application-specific, fuel- flexible power systems that deliver optimal performance in mission critical applications. These applications include base load and standby power generation and emergency back-up power for nuclear plants; ship propulsion and shipboard power for the United States Navy and Coast Guard and commercial vessels, and mechanical drive applications such as crude oil and water pumping.
An EnPro Industries company, Fairbanks Morse, can be found powering the world forward in a wide range of municipal, institutional and industrial applications. EnPro Industries is a diversified manufacturer of proprietary engineered products used in critical applications with more than 5000 people worldwide with products sold in over 100 countries across the globe.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: ME - Manufacturing Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015702
EEO Employer Verbiage: