Location: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Job Number: 21974
Fairbanks Morse, an EnPro company, is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our Manufacturing and Operations team in Beloit, WI. The Production Supervisor will mainly be responsible for directing and supervising 25-40 direct labor employees who manufacture engine component and engine skids. Additionally, the Production Supervisor will plan and execute production schedules to meet production requirements.
This position is assigned to our Large Engine Building, including 100 large engine builds and maintenance, CNC machines, welding, fabricating, assembly, and testing activities. Our engines weigh up to 250 tons and produce 33,500 horsepower for propulsion for the US Navy, US Coast Guard, and power for nuclear facilities.
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor:
- Be active on the floor and in an administrative role, planning and working with the team and owning that part of the process
- Responsible for ensuring accurate inventory control of all WIP and FGI product within the department and minimizing inventory held through efficient planning and achievement of lower lead times
- Collaborate with engineering and quality departments, and work with internal suppliers, delivery, cost, and efficiency
- Develop and realize productivity improvements through lean initiatives, Standard Work Instructions, and process improvements
- Motivate, monitor and counsel employees regarding work-related issues and performance; gage workforce skills and initiate cross training programs as necessary
- Ensure a safe environment for employees through adherence to safety policies, assessing and eliminating hazards, improving housekeeping standards, conducting incident investigations and implementing corrective action
Required Qualifications of the Production Supervisor:
- 2+ years of supervisory experience or a combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record in a manufacturing environment with heavy machining, assembly, welding, mechanical or diesel experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Production Supervisor:
- ERP system, Oracle preferred
- Experience with large CNC machine equipment
- Union experience
Education of the Production Supervisor:
- An Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a manufacturing related discipline (i.e. Engineering, Operations Management, Quality, Business, etc.) OR a high school diploma/GED with equivalent experience
Fairbanks Morse offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, full tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid holidays.
About Fairbanks Morse
Fairbanks Morse is the critical power solutions expert - a strategic partner and a trusted source for application-specific, fuel- flexible power systems that deliver optimal performance in mission critical applications. These applications include base load and standby power generation and emergency back-up power for nuclear plants; ship propulsion and shipboard power for the United States Navy and Coast Guard and commercial vessels, and mechanical drive applications such as crude oil and water pumping.
An EnPro Industries company, Fairbanks Morse, can be found powering the world forward in a wide range of municipal, institutional and industrial applications. EnPro Industries is a diversified manufacturer of proprietary engineered products used in critical applications with more than 5000 people worldwide with products sold in over 100 countries across the globe.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
Fairbanks Morse Careers
EnPro Industries - The Dual Bottom Line
EnPro Learning System: Approach, Tools and Practices that Work
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Beloit, Wisconsin US
Community / Marketing Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition Number: 2015701
EEO Employer Verbiage: