Location: Rome, Georgia US
Job Number: 21988
A quality technician supports the activities of the engineers and managers in day-to-day factory floor activities and issues with customers and suppliers. He/she performs inspection of manufactured parts or products to certify quality and adherence to specifications. He/she also inspects and analyzes test models or new parts. He/she records results of all inspection procedures.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
Job Functions include:
- Support day-to-day factory floor activity through inspections, measurements, and audits.
- Perform measurements and/or capability analysis on mold, die, and other tooling approvals.
- Inspect received materials, components, tooling, etc. to insure that it conforms to specifications and manage disposition for released and/or rejected incoming product.
- Review supplier sample approvals for conformance to specifications and assist in supplying PPAPs (parts & documents) to customers.
- Support engineering and other departments with special projects and measurement needs.
- Establish & maintain measurement methods, measurement equipment use instructions, gage calibration, and inspection procedures.
- Support quality system through safe practices, 5S, and the control and maintenance of quality documents.
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician or ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector (required to hold team leader position in QA department)
- Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 35 lbs)
- Some sedentary work with occasional standing/walking
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment/parts
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Near Acuity: See clearly at ≤ 20 inches
- Depth Perception: Judge distance & space relationships
- Field of Vision: See peripherally
- Accommodation: Adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Color Vision: Distinguish & identify different colors.
- Noise: Sufficient noise to cause distraction or possible hearing loss.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years college preferred.
- Prior manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Rome, Georgia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Rome, Georgia US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Technician
Requisition Number: 2015704
EEO Employer Verbiage: