Mechanical Quality Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Number: 22006
GPT (Garlock Pipeline Technologies), an EnPro Industries company, is seeking a Mechanical Quality Engineer to join our Quality team at our northwest Houston facility. The Mechanical Quality Engineer functions as quality champion for the plant and oversees quality system adherence, procedures, and tools to assure product and process compliance. The main tasks of the Mechanical Quality Engineer focus on achieving customer satisfaction via product quality and delivery and requires extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Quality Engineer:
- Develop quality assurance plans and maintain quality documentation and records.
- Champion system audits and inspections including but not limited to ISO, nuclear, customer, internal and third party, and ensure conformance to standards.
- Understand and communicate customer requirements and assist with customer contract reviews from a quality conformance perspective.
- Lead efforts to resolve customer complaints and product returns via defect analysis, root cause identification, and implementation of irreversible corrective actions.
- Interface with supply chain, customer service, production, and other plant and manufacturing personnel to resolve purchased mechanical quality issues.
- Ensure new product launches conform to customer and company requirements and document and strategize process improvement initiatives around non-conformance (NCR).
- Perform tool certifications, calibration, verifications, and test protocols on phased arrays, x-rays, comparators, laser devisers, calipers, micrometers, and other measurement tools, systems, and devices.
- Lead departmental scrap reduction team, support supplier qualifications and part approval activities, and identify and procure gauges through the gauge calibration program.
- Train employees on any and all aspects and components of the quality system, including leading and directing the work of others with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
Required Qualifications of the Mechanical Quality Engineer:
- Completed bachelor's degree in an engineering field, preferably quality, mechanical, manufacturing, or industrial engineering
- 3+ years of post-graduate mechanical quality engineering experience at a small to medium-sized manufacturing facility, including the responsibility for maintaining an ISO9001 certification, preferably the ISO9001 2015
- 3+ years of experience utilizing manufacturing and quality tools, (ie. lean or six sigma methodologies and/or gauge repeatability and reproducibility (R&R))
- US Citizenship
Preferred Qualifications of the Mechanical Quality Engineer:
- Local candidate to Houston, relocation assistance is not available
- Utilizing Google docs or Excel for ISO documentation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and multitask in an everchanging manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail and initiative to problem solve
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification, such as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
GPT offers a dynamic working environment and exceptional advancement opportunities. We provide competitive compensation, vacation, and benefits packages, including: medical, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans and tuition reimbursement.
GPT, a member of the Garlock family (an EnPro Industries company), is the world's leading manufacturer of critical-service flange systems, spring-energized jacketed seals, and electrical flange isolation kits for the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and construction/infrastructure industries. GPT is a company focused on helping customers solve their critical application need. Critical pipeline sealing, electrical isolation products and our expert technical support help your company increase efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and improve safety. At GPT we believe in creating custom solutions for our customers. With global reach and some of the most technologically advanced equipment available, we can help solve the most pressing pipeline challenges. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Houston, Texas, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Houston, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Mechanical Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015706
EEO Employer Verbiage: