Supply Chain Manager, Aftermarket
Location: Norfolk, Virginia US
Job Number: 23133
Fairbanks Morse (FM), an EnPro Industries company, is looking for a motivated Supply Chain Manager who is interested in taking on an exciting challenge and opportunity supporting FM's aftermarket business. This position will manage, develop, and provide leadership to the Aftermarket Supply Chain organization. Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the overall Aftermarket supply chain strategy in order to assure efficiency and productivity of the supply chain organization. Manage relationships with existing suppliers and together with Quality and Engineering, identify and qualify new suppliers for sourcing of spare parts including manufactured components and sub-assemblies. Negotiate strategic pricing, supplier stocking arrangements, and other supply chain initiatives to reduce costs and improve lead times in support of the overall Aftermarket customer strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement the overall aftermarket supply chain strategy.
- Manage, develop and train members of the Aftermarket supply chain.
- Drives all tactical commercial and supplier management activities of the team to improve supplier performance, risk mitigation, lead time, cost reduction metrics, and on time delivery
- Working together with Quality, Engineering, and Sales, is responsible for new supplier identification and supplier development.
- Build and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
- Identify process bottlenecks and opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing and accountability for key supply chain KPI's.
- Utilizes and coordinates with the Manufacturing Supply Chain to assure strategic objectives of supplier development and to assure leveraging of total company demands to drive most favorable pricing and other strategic supply chain strategies.
- Responsible for procurement of machined parts, fabricated parts, raw materials, sub-assemblies, and assemblies
- Leads the implementation of new strategic sourcing initiatives
- Executes assigned continuous improvement and other projects as assigned
- Negotiations and contract management
- Drives dedicated efforts and cross functional coordination to identify and implement significant cost reduction opportunities
- Conducts terms and conditions review, specific contract language, and NDA coordination in coordination with management and the legal department
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical, supply chain or business curriculum
- Minimum of seven years of purchasing experience, preferably within the industry or a similar industry
- Minimum of three years of prior direct supervisory experience in a purchasing or supply chain capacity preferred
- CPSM/CPIM or other professional certification or the active pursuit of certification is preferred
- Prior work experience with focus on strategic sourcing, supplier development, and/or cost reduction
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) knowledge
- Previous experience working with automated purchase order system and maintenance preferred
- Experience in a lean environment with understanding of value streams, 5S, continuous improvement, etc.preferred
- Basic understanding of machining principles
- Execution of job tasks with core values of safety, pursuit of excellence, respect, integrity, responsibility, and accountability
- Willingness to challenge the status quo respectfully
- Experience working with Engineering and cross-functional teams in the development of new suppliers
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence throughout the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous low cost country sourcing experience preferred
- Goal/results orientation and self-motivation
- Team environment orientation
- Self-improvement planning with ability and desire to grow is required
- Ability to travel up 50%, including short notice travel on occasion (and may include international travel)
- This position may require access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Fairbanks Morse Engine.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Norfolk, Virginia US
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Manager, Aftermarket
Requisition Number: 2015851
EEO Employer Verbiage: