Location: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Job Number: 23422
Our Technetics Group and Qualiseal Technology team is currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join us out of our Harwood Heights location, just west of Chicago close to the airport. As a Quality Engineer, you will review customer contracts, drawings, and specs to ensure our products are meeting the customer requirements. You will create quality plans and document all features and measures to make sure they meet the needs of the customer and implement the plans accordingly.
As an EnPro Industries company, we are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person is an integral part of a greater team and has a voice. If you want an opportunity to truly make an impact, and work across a collective of people who believe in each other, EnPro Industries has a career for you.
Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer:
- Review customer contracts and supporting documentation to ensure the company is meeting all flow down requirements.
- Determine appropriate measurement methods and measure parts regularly utilizing precision machine equipment, parts, and tools for all product characteristics.
- Generate detailed inspection plans that capture all product requirements.
- Create and review first article packages and PPAP documentation packages.
- Assist inspection and manufacturing personnel with complex measurement techniques and serve as a backup in the inspection department.
- Interface with design and manufacturing personnel to resolve problems before product flow is affected and excessive rework and scrap is generated.
- Perform audits internally and externally to verify quality requirements are implemented and properly controlled.
- Conduct process and quality related training.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk but will be sitting for the majority of the day sit and will use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required Qualifications of the Quality Engineer:
- 3+ years of quality assurance experience in an applicable industry, such as aerospace or automotive supplier, working with machined metal products and associated equipment (ex. CNC turning, milling, grinding, lapping, etc.)
- Knowledge of GD&T and inspection techniques
- Knowledge of SPC, MSA and process capability
- Knowledge of Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) and all related quality tools
- Knowledge of metallurgy and heat treat
- Thorough understanding of AS9100 Rev D and/or ISO9001:2015 requirements
Preferred Qualifications of the Quality Engineer:
- Completed bachelor's degree in engineering or a related focus
- NADCAP (National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program) certification
- Utilization of Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma methodologies
Qualiseal Technology offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match at 3% vesting day one, and vacation.
About Qualiseal Technology
Qualiseal Technology, a division of Technetics Group, is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of custom-engineered mechanical seals for demanding aerospace applications. Technetics Group is a globally trusted source for engineered components, seals, assemblies and sub-systems that are custom designed for high performance and extreme applications. We engineer and manufacture a full range of standard and custom polymer products and services for critical applications, from nuclear reactor pressure vessels to jet engines. Our products go into a diverse set of end markets, including semiconductor, aerospace, medical, chemical, industrial, oil & gas, and construction.
EnPro Industries and companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Harwood Heights, Illinois, United States
City: Harwood Heights
Location_formattedLocationLong: Harwood Heights, Illinois US
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2015885
EEO Employer Verbiage: