Garlock Rotational Engineer - EnPro E.D.G.E
Job Number: 9280
The EnPro Education, Development & Growth for Excellence (EDGE) program is designed to attract recent college graduates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. The program provides a significant level of depth and breadth of experience by providing three distinct developmental assignments across the business. Garlock Sealing Technologies (GST) will be offering a 3 year Materials Engineering rotation at their Palmyra, New York manufacturing facility.
Engineering rotations may include:
- Research & Design
Objectives of the engineering rotations:
The EDGE program is designed to help engineers gain the following experiences during their developmental assignments. Developmental assignments will be established to ensure that the participant is:
- Given significant and increasingly challenging professional responsibilities
- Prepared to add value in all rotations
- Required to provide written performance assessments at the end of each assignment to ensure proper growth
- In addition, technical coaches, mentors, and managers will be responsible for assisting in the EDGE participants' technical and professional development during the program.
Exposure to Manufacturing Processes and Testing Laboratories:
The Garlock EDGE program will involve working in our advanced manufacturing facilities with state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment, as well as research and testing laboratories. The EDGE participant will have the chance to learn from the existing processes and modify or create new ones.
The Rotational Program Focuses on the Development of a Core Set of Competencies:
- Cross-Functional Learning
- Project Management
- Machine Automation and Control
- Design for Commercialization
- Process Analysis and Optimization
- Root Cause Analysis
Exposure to Engineering Excellence and Leadership:
The EDGE rotations will provide you an opportunity to enhance your skills in multiple technical areas. These rotations may also provide exposure to EnPro's division based operations and engineering leaders.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in materials, polymer, or plastics engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
- Co-op or internship experience in engineering is strongly preferred
- Successful track record of challenging engineering and related courses
- Strong technical knowledge, mathematics skills, and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-directed and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills required
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this job.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Garlock Rotational Engineer - EnPro E.D.G.E
Requisition Number: 2014577
EEO Employer Verbiage: