Job Number: 9835
Focus on customer response systems, inspection process development and product improvement. Responsible for Quality System Maintenance. Assure compliance with government and industry requirements, such as ISO 9001, AS9100 and IATF 16949.
- Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system. Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manual, quality procedures, etc. Support and maintain creation of FMEAs and control plans.
- Respond to claims (internally and customers driven), analyze failures, define and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective actions.
- Support continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Continuously improve inspection process and procedures. Work with production staff to raise awareness of the importance of quality and provide trainings on quality procedures.
- Interface with Engineering, Operations and other departments as required to ensure products meet customers' requirements.
- Collaborate with the Quality Control Technicians to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Conduct audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Communicate with customers to handle any quality concerns and/or opportunities and organize audits.
- Bachelor's degree in quality or engineering discipline.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Tools & Processes - knowledge of basic quality system tools (SPC, FMEA, control plans, measurement systems, material certifications, statistics). Experience in an ERP system (SAP). Knowledge of PPAP/ APQP preferred. Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and Google environment.
- Organization & Planning - manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - identify and solve problems, develop innovative solutions, act decisively, and show good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with collaborators, cross-functional team, suppliers and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal comunication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment. Experience in an IATF16949 and/or AS9100 certified facility preferred.
Thorofare, New Jersey, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Thorofare, New Jersey US
State: New Jersey
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineer
Requisition Number: 2014643
EEO Employer Verbiage: