Director, Information Technology
Location: Palmyra, New York US
Job Number: 17225
Garlock, an EnPro Industries company, is currently seeking a Director, Information Technology to lead our Information Technology division at our headquarters in Palmyra, just east of Rochester, NY. The Director, IT Operations be the primary point of accountability for all division specific business applications and operations. The Director, IT will also be responsible for leading Garlock's path forward in digital transformation and strategic technology initiatives.
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Rochester area for this position.
Responsibilities of the Director, Information Technology:
- Manage, motivate, and lead all direct and indirect reports supporting BI (Business Intelligence), ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), and desktop/end-user support
- Champion involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions
- Collaborate with key business process owners to drive business process efficiency, continuous improvement, and cost efficiencies
- Maintain currency on new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the application suite
- Define business-specific requirements, provide technological input, and act as business partner to determine optimal technology choices for enterprise applications
- Forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills, and competencies
- Enable integrated strategic, operational, and commercial excellence through key supporting technologies
- Own IT budget for the division, which includes personnel, ongoing operational costs, capital expenditure, and shared service enterprise technology costs
- Direct the development application sourcing strategy and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management
Required Qualifications and Education of the Director, Information Technology:
- US Citizenship, a green card is acceptable
- Completed bachelor's degree in an applicable field, such as computer science or information systems
- 5+ years of experience working across applications and infrastructure in IT in the manufacturing industry
- 5+ years of management experience with direct operational and leadership responsibilities
- Proven experience developing and executing digital-focused strategic solutions in the manufacturing industry, such as IoT, robotics, machine learning, data analytics
- Direct experience with:
- Modern digital transformation and merging technologies
- Enterprise eCommerce initiatives
- Financial planning, business case evaluation, and project management
- ERP planning and implementation, preferably with Oracle
- MBA or other advanced technical degree is preferred, not required
Garlock offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off. Generous relocation benefits are available if relocation is required.
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability. In addition to designing and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions, we also offer a wide range of safety-oriented training for our customers. The EnPro Learning System offers consulting services, safety courses, and safety conferences throughout the year to help other companies and professionals implement safety excellence at their facilities. As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.
EnPro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Palmyra, New York, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Palmyra, New York US
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Information Technology
Requisition Number: 2015203
EEO Employer Verbiage: