Automation & Digital Technologies Leader
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina US
Job Number: 20247
EnPro Industries is seeking our first Automation & Digital Technologies Leader to join the Capabilities Center Group. The Automation & Digital Technologies Leader is responsible for designing, innovating, and improving the EnPro business units' manufacturing processes through solutions to drive value creation and improved business results. The Automation & Digital Technologies Leader will have a direct impact on EnPro Industries' performance through the utilization of emerging digital technologies and automation at all divisional manufacturing facilities across North America and internationally.
Note : this position is remote based, with up to 75-100% of travel domestically, mostly throughout North America, and internationally.
Responsibilities of the Automation & Digital Technologies Leader:
- Leverage comprehensive understanding of how automation integrates and links with communication and networking systems, such as an ERP system, for data collection
- Act as a generalist in observing each of the six business unit's manufacturing process to then customize automation and digital technological approach to each
- Implement and operationalize a modernization strategy by identifying opportunities for automation with digital technology and forecast and track the return on investment for each automation project
- Focused on enhancing performance through industry analysis, target setting, trend identification, process optimization, and modernization improvement interventions
- Accountable for product management plan, scope, cost, work schedule, design and build, and contractual deliverables for own work stream
- Develop and maintain tools, templates, job aides, and other documentation in a central repository so that colleagues throughout the enterprise have easy access to problem solving and continuous improvement resources
- Provide knowledge and ideas for development of solutions to complex problems or projects using artificial intelligence, augmented reality, machine learning, or other automation and software integrated systems
- Responsible for product management on technically complex projects which could involve multiple disciplines, divisions, or suppliers
Required Qualifications of the Automation & Digital Technologies Leader:
- US citizenship, a green card is acceptable
- Completed bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in a STEM related field
- 3+ years of engineering experience in the industrial industry, specifically in a manufacturing and production environment related to fabrication or metal cutting
- 3+ years of automation experience in a role implementing and utilizing newer digital technologies, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, augmented reality
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google G Suite, and ERP operating systems (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
Competencies of the Automation & Digital Technologies Leader:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal savvy and team-building skills, technical competence, and managerial courage
- Analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency with continuous improvement tools and methodologies
- Ability to problem solve and identify creative solutions and accommodate important changes rapidly
Safety. Excellence. Respect.
Those three values form the core of the EnPro Industries culture. We're a global company with a global workforce, and diversity in people and ideas is a way of life. Fresh ideas can come from anyone regardless of background or level of experience. So, we've created and nurtured a culture that embraces fresh perspectives and rewards success for the team and the individual. When you make an impact at EnPro Industries we make sure it's recognized.
Our products are sold around the world, with nearly half of our sales generated outside the United States. Our products enjoy strong market positions in the U.S., Canada, Asia Pacific, and Central and South America and are purchased every year by customers in more than 100 countries.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Automation & Digital Technologies Leader
Requisition Number: 2015464
EEO Employer Verbiage: